Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did my wife set of the honk alarm?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Plood

Plood, not Plaid?
Feb 12, 2022
Plano, TX
So, my wife asked for her first intro to the "new" P100d. I had her phone app set up and she had her key in her pocket. The car has been "summoned" by me out of the garage and was parked in the driveway. I don't recall if I had entered the car yet (probably not), but when she opened the passenger side door, the horn alarm went off. Not a good greeting. Her comment: "Why is it so loud?" My reply: "It's the horn."

Is there some setting that discourages entering a summoned vehicle by the passenger door? Or another glitch? Perhaps someone skinny jeans squeezed the remote and activated the alarm?

(Sorry, "off", not "of" - can't edit titles)

just an annoying 'feature' of summon. I've found when summoning my car in/out of the garage if I don't open the drivers door shortly after it stops moving the next time I enter it has the possibility of setting off the alarm. Haven't found the exact reasoning but found that helps reduce it from randomly setting off the alarm if I open my trunk or something later on.

I see the logic. Plenty of crime and other scenarios when that would have a purpose. Would like to defeat it in a menu but I’ll know to summon only when ready to hop in.

For a car wash in driveway it presents an alarming result, however.