Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did Reyes leave?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be considerably more surprising if any member of senor management gave a tinker's damn for the collective opinion of a niche forum website.

More likely, for all we know, Reyes agreed to come back for a set period of time or set of objectives and finished early. We might see him back once again - who knows.

Similarly, losing the VP of Finance recently is perhaps not a tremendous cause for alarm since they just got a new CFO. Sour grapes, communication styles, changing workload, who's to say.

I recall from back in the day during the first Internet boom in Silly Valley (tm me) that the average tenure of a CIO/CTO was right at 18 months.

Now, without parsing that too carefully, I do hope for the sake of my shares that what we see now is merely strategic alignment and upgrading, versus the whole rats from a ship thing or similar.

Ironically, the thing that would mitigate the turnover reports would be a well-timed spate of, you guessed it, corporate communications.

I recently encountered an alumnus of more than one of Elon's companies - I told him about the over/under we used to have at other companies in the area, which was 65 hours/week. He laughed and said he worked that in 4 days. Point being it ain't an easy work environment for most people - there really is a palpable buzz in the air and you either thrive with it or it will eat you up and spit you out without so much as a courtesy reacharound.

I expect the turnover to continue - just wish they'd manage it a hair better to reduce speculation.