Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I now have this picture in my head of a special tarmac with such a high friction that the Tesla catapults the driver through the open windshield to a safety net.

:)
As cool as that would be, I'm thinking of having a Tesla Motors product become the lead in the next 'ITALIAN JOB', 'FAST & FURIOUS', or 'TRANSPORTER' movie. Those always have scenes in tunnels, on bridges, or within a parking structure. Perfect!

After an unexpected income dropoff in August, the only way I'll be able to maintain my order is if this sucker is gifted to me...I am fortunate enough that it has been, so I'm still on board for now. Otherwise I'd be stuck in a hybrid for another 10 years at the minimum. I might well be 6 feet under before then, so I'm reticent to look a gift horse in the mouth.

After an unexpected income dropoff in August, the only way I'll be able to maintain my order is if this sucker is gifted to me...I am fortunate enough that it has been, so I'm still on board for now. Otherwise I'd be stuck in a hybrid for another 10 years at the minimum. I might well be 6 feet under before then, so I'm reticent to look a gift horse in the mouth.
Arrrgghhh..... Sorry to hear about that. I hope things turn around soon for ya...some kind of way.

Reactions: vinnie97
Arrrgghhh..... Sorry to hear about that. I hope things turn around soon for ya...some kind of way.
Thanks for the warm feelings. :)
And the rest of us just keep coming hoping to see that someone canceled who we know was in front of us in the queue :D
I took a 4-hour round trip and waited almost 2 hours in line to make the reservation, so there's a chance I would qualify. That's another reason I find the idea of cancellation so unsavory.

in 21 pages, like 2 people have actually cancelled their resevation..
Just wait to see if they slip their late 2017 expected delivery dates, raise the base price over $35k, don't let reservation holders actually drive a car before submitting their order or run out of federal tax credits. If any or all of those conditions change I expect some percentage of us with day 1 deposits will opt out which moves those below us up.

Just wait to see if they slip their late 2017 expected delivery dates, raise the base price over $35k, don't let reservation holders actually drive a car before submitting their order or run out of federal tax credits. If any or all of those conditions change I expect some percentage of us with day 1 deposits will opt out which moves those below us up.
Delivery date may slip but I don't think it will be by much if it does.
I'd be incredibly surprised if they go above the $35,000 base price, they've been talking about it for quite a while now and I'm sure they know if they can meet it or not.
The first people to configure will almost certainly not get the chance to test drive one before they have to confirm.
They will, eventually, run out of tax credits. Depending on how fast they actually ramp up they may well hit 200,000 before the end of 2017.

I've been waiting YEARS for this car and camped out 2 days to reserve. None of the above would make me cancel.

Reactions: Red Sage
I'd be incredibly surprised if they go above the $35,000 base price, they've been talking about it for quite a while now and I'm sure they know if they can meet it or not.
The first people to configure will almost certainly not get the chance to test drive one before they have to confirm.
They will, eventually, run out of tax credits. Depending on how fast they actually ramp up they may well hit 200,000 before the end of 2017.
The M3 info (FAQ) does say people will be able to test drive first but who knows. If they hit the Q4 date they were shooting for there still could be some credits or partial credits left. This will be my wifes car and she doesn't want one until she drives it first.

What's the reason NOW for slipping dates? I mean really?

What's the reason NOW for slipping dates? I mean really?
You are assuming they have learned every lesson of the past and corrected their production, delivery and service issues in anticipation of the Model 3. The fact that they will have an entirely new robotic production shop tells me there will be things that need to be worked out that could delay. I hope I'm wrong.

You are assuming they have learned every lesson of the past and corrected their production, delivery and service issues in anticipation of the Model 3. The fact that they will have an entirely new robotic production shop tells me there will be things that need to be worked out that could delay. I hope I'm wrong.
I do indeed believe they have learned every lesson concerning production. They have recently been breaking all kinds of production - delivery records.

Reactions: Red Sage