Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why did you cancel your Model 3 reservation?

For those with a reservation, what was the reason you canceled your reservation?

• The reveal wasn't impressive

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • Configured with options cost too much

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Delivery prediction too late

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • Mode S/X used/new is a better choice for me

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Waiting for a Model Y

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Waiting for an EV from BMW/Porsche/Mercedes/Audi/VW or other company

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Don't want an EV without the expiring tax credit or other tax reason

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Need a hatchback / trunk volume too small

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Too expensive or lacking value

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Going back to ICE, have range anxiety, don't like new tech, or other EV-hater reasons

• Tesla sucks

• Other (please comment below)

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't cancelled my reservation, but at the same time, I'm not looking to buy anytime soon. I'll buy the 500,000th 3 that comes out of the factory. If that is in 2020 or later, ok, as long as one or both of my current vehicles hold out that long. I would prefer a Tesla pickup, or CRV anyway.

Here's an idea for those who aren't in a hurry to buy; we set aside some $$ to buy TSLA stock, then we all cancel our reservations, then wait for all the articles about the mass exodus of buyers and the impending doom of Tesla. The stock will fall by x%, everybody scoops up TSLA stock on the cheap, then we all go back and remake our reservations! :)

Here's an idea for those who aren't in a hurry to buy; we set aside some $$ to buy TSLA stock, then we all cancel our reservations, then wait for all the articles about the mass exodus of buyers and the impending doom of Tesla. The stock will fall by x%, everybody scoops up TSLA stock on the cheap, then we all go back and remake our reservations! :)
Why so sneaky? Just buy 100 TSLA stock now and by 2020 you'll be able to buy the 3 with a $10k discount. Or more... :)

What’s the point? If you don’t want comments about why then I can only assume you’re looking for numbers. For what purpose? New reservations are coming in everyday to replace and exceed current cancellation rate (due to quarterly information like growing reservation monies).

Just cancelled the last of my 2 day 1 pre-reveal reservations. I estimated that I was probably around 100,000. One was for me and one was for a friend. The friend went with a Bolt a couple of months ago and I just went with a 2018 Volt. My driving with the Gen 1 Volt was 94% electric anyway so I will be close to 99% with the longer AER range. Still support Tesla and EV advancement but very happy with the Volt in the interim.