Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do BMW drivers who encounter Teslas almost always embarass themselves?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's all in fun. BMW drivers think Mercedes drivers are the a-holes. Mercedes drivers reciprocate. Lexus drivers think Infiniti or Acuras are low-brow humor. Chevrolet hates Ford and Ford hates Chevrolet, and everyone hates Dodge. Dodge lovers hate everyone.

Green tractor people are snobby toward blue and red tractor-people, and the orange tractor people are the low class. Red and blue tractor people are proud of their middle-tier status while secretly wanting green tractors... etc. etc. etc.

When a BMW owner wants to race me I ignore him.

If you have an accident while drag racing someone, it will go hard on you. If somebody is killed in the accident you will be charged with vehicular homicide. You will probably go to jail, and you will have those fatalities on your conscience..

It's not worth it.

It's interesting. In the (now sadly defunct) BMW ActiveE forum, the word was it was Tesla drivers who park like A-holes and block charging spots. As a driver of both a BMW and a Tesla, what does that make me? :confused:

It's probably just BMW drivers in general. They always seem to be up for a race, though I admit I usually have to instigate it since I have an unassuming '98 Civic DX that appears completely stock, even though it runs 10s at about 136mph.

A year and a half ago (when I first got my car) and M5 came zooming up alongside me. He was trying to have a conversation while we were driving 60 mph (basically how do I like the Tesla, etc.). Not sure if he wanted to race (my wife and child were in the car so that was not going to happen). The best part was at the end he apparently wanted to show off so he took off but in the process left a cloud of horrible smelling exhast. I sighed and felt extra thankful for my clean, zero-emissions Model S!