Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do I only experience positive Tesla service experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

OrthoSurg

Jun 2, 2017
Montreal
Took delivery of my Blue Model Y in June, noticed a bit of compound that blasted over the chrome delete trims and they had some oil remnants on it even if cleaned repetitively. Took an appointment at the Montreal service Center, arrived 15 minutes late because of works, the techs didn’t bother, the cleaned the car, ordered trims for all the car, came to my work and installed them in the parking lot without me going out, just texted me on the app while I was working to thank me for leaving the car with plenty of space to work around. Perfect job done.

I keep reading negative experiences online but after 2 Tesla products, 8 experiences with Service, never had nothing but positive experiences. Cant wait to have the Cybertruck.

• Love
Reactions: kelly and LoudMusic
Some service centers are better than others. Some people are more critical than others. When the two overlap it's difficult for Tesla to look good.

Add to that, people complain on the internet more than they praise. I've also had a perfectly pleasant Tesla service center experience but had no reason to talk about it because "it was as expected". Who cares? But if it was negative that would be something to talk about.

Took delivery of my Blue Model Y in June, noticed a bit of compound that blasted over the chrome delete trims and they had some oil remnants on it even if cleaned repetitively. Took an appointment at the Montreal service Center, arrived 15 minutes late because of works, the techs didn’t bother, the cleaned the car, ordered trims for all the car, came to my work and installed them in the parking lot without me going out, just texted me on the app while I was working to thank me for leaving the car with plenty of space to work around. Perfect job done.

I keep reading negative experiences online but after 2 Tesla products, 8 experiences with Service, never had nothing but positive experiences. Cant wait to have the Cybertruck.
Similar here. For 10 years I have had nothing but good experiences with service.
I believe the reason you see so many bad experiences is that people are far more likely to post bad experiences than good ones.

This is not to discount those with bad experiences, just to provide some balance.

Me too. It’s been fantastic. But I’ve only had 5 interactions in 2.5yrs

1. drop off car at purchase (at home)
2. Windshield replacement (at home)
3. Tail light replacement (at work)
4. FSD upgrade (at home)
5. Filter replacement (at home)

Super easy to schedule & no issues

Me too. Tesla Dedham MA has been awesome for both sales and service. We’re lucky. I’m on my 3rd Model 3. Ive been with this SC since 2018.

Probably because you don't think you bought the company when you bought one of their cars, and you have realistic expectations...
People are more likely to write negative reviews, then positive ones.
Service has been all positive in my experience.

I’ve also only experience positive experiences, having to deal with the three times over the years.

However, if you wish to experience a negative experience go in to the service center and start yelling at the person that your car isn’t working and that they should do their job and fix it and if they can’t fix you’d like to speak to someone who can. After they give you the “I’m sorry” speech yell at them and ask to see their “****ing” manager.

I’d add a positive experience as well. We just had our first event requiring service recently and it was all positive. We lost an A/C compressor and manifold on day 1 of a road trip from Northern CA to Vancouver WA and ended up having to schedule service in Portland, OR. The team on the phone and locally at the Portland Service Center were all great and made a frustrating situation tolerable. They diagnosed it quickly, provided a loaner identical to our own car so we would be totally familiar with it and had it fixed in one day with parts in hand. The loaner allowed us to continue our stay at friends about an hour and a half away. I know there are a lot more negative stories than positive, but so far I’m one happy camper in terms of how I’ve been treated. I’d like to think that this wasn’t an anomaly and it will continue, but I also realize that all organizations have their weak spots in terms of local leadership. Thanks for a great job Tesla Portland!

Reactions: wtlloyd
They just came at work to replace the trims, didn’t even to go outside, they did a perfect job. Incredible service
My experience with Mobile Service has also been very positive. It is the ultimate luxury to have them work on your car in your garage.

When I needed a new tire because of a bolt they sent over Mobile Service and changed it in my garage. No need to take the car to them and lose an hour out of my day. I was able to continue working and earning while they worked on the car.

Reactions: hcdavis3
I agree with the post that people with positive experiences are less likely to speak up. I had a defect in my charge port door at delivery. I made an appointment, the tech came on time, was very polite, and replaced the entire charge port in my garage in less than 15 minutes. He answered a couple questions, and was on his way. No inconvenience to me at all. I thought this is exactly how good customer service should work.

Reactions: hcdavis3
So a couple of weeks ago my 2019 M3 developed a creaking front suspension .. not uncommon apparently. So time to plumb the terrifying depths of the Tesla service experience!! Which went .... remarkably well.
  1. Used to the app to setup a service .. was scheduled at nearest SC (Lynnwood, WA) for 4 days hence. No problems so far.
  2. Got usual reminders in run up to date. Drove up there, parked, after a few minutes wait got checked in, left car and got an Uber home. Only took about 15 mins to get car handed over. SC guy said they would need to replace parts of the suspension and reseal them all as there as a known water ingress issue.
  3. About 4pm same day (5 hours later) for notified by app that all was done, and a follow-up from SC guy saying which parking spot car was in.
  4. Got an Uber back up (Tesla credit covered it both ways). Walked up to car, jumped in drove home. Creaking gone, car driving perfectly.
  5. Total charges: $0
(Not saying the various horror stories we hear are not true, but it's worth remembering that people only tend to post when stuff goes wrong. I suspect my experience was more typical. Certainly the staff were helpful and efficient at the SC.)

Tesla customer service isn't *bad*, it's just *different*. If you know how to use it, your car doesn't have some weird unique problem, and you have realistic expectations it actually works really well. You go to the app into the service section and write a little description of your problem, and then Tesla remotely runs diagnostics, sends a van out to your car to fix it, all with the absolute minimum amount of human interaction necessary. It's when people insist on interfacing with (or complaining to) a human that they get into a mess. People used to traditional customer service want somebody to talk to. They expect a Tesla rep who will be your friend, and that's not how Tesla works.