Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do people Use MS/MX/M3/MY for Tesla's vehicles?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am not a fan of the 'my MY' usage either. If I had a Model Y I'd never write MY, but that's me. I don't even like M3 much, but I can call my car the P3D- so that works. This abbreviation requires some explanation to non-Tesla owners and to Tesla owners too, come to think of it. I own one and had to ask initially why these characters were used like this, though I had a rough idea. Performance Dual Motor - PUP (another acronym) which is Performance Upgrade Parts. I've learned a lot just reading through posts and making sense of all the acronyms and initialisms.

Some people use phones and such so I suppose it's a little easier if you're using a tiny virtual keyboard to write M3, MY, etc.

It is imperative that one always list the model S, 3, X, and Y in that order when listing them all. :D

S3XY!

Do you realize you have an LR in your signature in place of "Long Range"? Why?

Some people like to be part of the cool kids in the in the know insiders club.
While I try to be “in the know,” I don’t think I’ve been one of the cool kids for a few decades. LOL
And outsiders can be cool too ya know😉

But not being in the know can be uncool…(having nothing to do with any post on this thread) and just my 2¢…

I’ve lived most of my life with a simple goal. Try to learn and teach at least one new thing a day to anyone willing to share knowledge. An actual fact. Not “fake news” (anything said with no proof or evidence that doesn’t seem to corroborate with any verifiable fact somewhere.) IMHO, I think the trouble with the world today is that people no longer deal in facts. Someone makes up some falsity, presents speculation as fact, Passes along info that gets corrupted like a kid’s game of telephone, purposely embellishes fact so it’s no longer accurate, or just spews complete 🐂💩 and posts it for all to digest and re-spread for others to mindlessly and unquestioningly accept. When’s the last time anyone read a “news” article that didn’t seem more like a mini Op-Ed? I had started to wonder who is actually in the know, and realized WHAT they know (and that it’s accurate) is just as important. Yeah, off topic but I haven’t had my coffee yet. 😵‍💫

<Rant Over>