Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do so many inventory models have the glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I've been looking at the EV-CPO.com site for several weeks now thinking about upgrading but nearly all cars on there have the glass roof instead of pano when I also select PUP and upgraded sound. Those 3 options are the ones I care about the most and it seems finding a 100D car with all 3 is like unicorn. I have the pano now and it is wonderful so I would want that again on a future car. Anyone care to guess why all these inventory models don't have pano?

Also off topic, does anyone know if these 100D inventory cars would be capable of being uncorked to the faster 0-60 time? Is there a way to tell what is uncork-able and what isn't?

• Informative
Reactions: Julie's MS
It appears they're mostly making basic models for inventory.
Very few high priced options.
I was wondering if there might be another change coming, like a Pano v3.... and they're slowly working in some of the v2 inventory to phase it out. That or the glass roof isn't that popular so they're putting it on the inventory cars to move the inventory on these discounted models...
Either way 100D + HiFi sound + PUP = unicorn of inventory models right now. :p

Reactions: Julie's MS
I'm in the market and have noticed this. We're snowboarders and would like the roof rack. I hope they start making more with the sunroof.

I think the ability to add a roof rack is driving the demand. We need to haul to road bikes, but I got such a good deal on my MS100d, that I was willing to give up the pano...roof rack option. More than likely, I will install the forklift option...