Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why do Tesla keep going up on the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The overwhelming number of adjustments have been downward.

The other OEM's throw rebates that vary by the months, weeks, etc. Tesla is not playing that game. Obviously from their stated financial status, they are trying to figure out how to manage all of that. I think Q2 this year will be a good indicator.... past the production ramp up and phasing out of tax credits that drove Q4 up and Q1 down. I dont think Tesla will scramble as much in June, maybe I'm wrong, that is a guess. But I think things are about to get more stable.

• Helpful
Reactions: Brando and DanCar
The other OEM's throw rebates that vary by the months, weeks, etc. Tesla is not playing that game.

Of course they are. It just looks a little different because there is no middleman dealership involved. Prices change every few weeks, referral program goes away, comes back, gets bumped up for a limited time...end of quarter discounts, demo discounts, inventory discounts, paint and wheel upgrade comps, and on and on. The words they use might be a little different but the tactics are exactly the same as a dealership. It just looks a little different because it is happening directly between the manufacturer and the end user with no third party involved.

Yes if you place an order online for a standard configuration and never talk to a rep you can’t negotiate. But aside from that there is plenty of opportunity to wheel and deal with Tesla if you don’t want to pay full price.

• Love
Reactions: Brando and dmurphy
Of course they are. It just looks a little different because there is no middleman dealership involved. Prices change every few weeks, referral program goes away, comes back, gets bumped up for a limited time...end of quarter discounts, demo discounts, inventory discounts, paint and wheel upgrade comps, and on and on. The words they use might be a little different but the tactics are exactly the same as a dealership. It just looks a little different because it is happening directly between the manufacturer and the end user with no third party involved.

Yes if you place an order online for a standard configuration and never talk to a rep you can’t negotiate. But aside from that there is plenty of opportunity to wheel and deal with Tesla if you don’t want to pay full price.

Exactly! Which is why I don’t understand the obsession with what other people pay for their Tesla. What deals others make has, truly, zero bearing on MY vehicle. None at all.

If someone gets offended because someone else got a better deal, well, the TS (tough s...) rule comes into effect. Sorry to say it that way, but that’s how it is.

Exactly! Which is why I don’t understand the obsession with what other people pay for their Tesla. What deals others make has, truly, zero bearing on MY vehicle. None at all.

If someone gets offended because someone else got a better deal, well, the TS (tough s...) rule comes into effect. Sorry to say it that way, but that’s how it is.

Except that Elon stated that everyone will pay the same for their vehicles, which is obviously not the case.

Reactions: ebmcs03
Except that Elon stated that everyone will pay the same for their vehicles, which is obviously not the case.

The usually do, if they order a new vehicle on the same day. The differences are in stock vehicles and different days. Did you actually take "everyone pays the same for their vehicle" to mean that tesla would never change the price.... ever ever, an the car would be sold for its introductory price until the end of time?

• Love
Reactions: Brando