Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does my app switch off now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,
when I first got my Model 3 the app stayed open on my phone at all times, meaning I could walk to the car and unlock it without getting the phone out.
However, that seems to have stopped now as the app closes when not in use.
Does anyone know how to fix this back to what it was originally?
As a side note, how come the car still registers with that quick headlamp flick when I walk past it if the app is not on? Not important but just wondering.
All help gratefully received.
Thanks

Hello all,
when I first got my Model 3 the app stayed open on my phone at all times, meaning I could walk to the car and unlock it without getting the phone out.
However, that seems to have stopped now as the app closes when not in use.
Does anyone know how to fix this back to what it was originally?
As a side note, how come the car still registers with that quick headlamp flick when I walk past it if the app is not on? Not important but just wondering.
All help gratefully received.
Thanks
You don't need the app to be open to open the car (just running in background) becuase it is using a Bluetooth connection that is not reliant on the app running. Same connection is used to flash the headlights when you walk passed the car.

PS make sure your phone isn't closing the app completely to save phone battery. My phone has an Tesla icon in the notification bar when running its running...

PPS It's actually best not to have the app running as I have, in the past, pocket dialled the air con and wasted a lot of battery...