Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does my car say charge complete if it's not all the way to the line

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery state of charge can’t be measured directly, so it’s estimated by an algorithm that can be more or less accurate depending on how you’ve charged lately. The bigger question is why you care about the difference of a few miles when you’re limiting your charge level so much.

Start charging to 90% routinely and you’ll see the reading become more accurate.

• Love
Reactions: Silicon Desert
It depends what you mean by “better”. Do you mean a small but measurable difference in battery capacity in the lab after many years of use? Do you mean a practical difference in the car in the typical time a car is owned? Or do you mean how accurately the car reports battery capacity? Or do you mean being ready for an unexpected trip or power outage? If your priority is the first option, then charge to 70%. Otherwise charge to 90% and stop reading people who obsess about the battery, and just enjoy the car.

the last few days it was topping off at 217 but i noticed today 212 and if you look closely the the green is not touching the line. Any ideas?

https://i.imgur.com/s68ZYse.png

Could it be you are looking at the graph long after it finished charging? That behavior is normal from vampire drain. It will charge again back to the line once it drops sufficiently from the requested level.