Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does no one at the service center or parts counter ever answer the phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been calling multiple service centers looking to see if anyone has a pair of Model 3 cabin air filters in stock and not a single one will ever answer the phone or return messages I leave.

Is this just a bad week (been trying since last Wednesday) to call or is it always like this? I've been sorely disappointed in Tesla's service since day one; I've always put up with it since the product they put out is amazing but stuff like this is going to cause them to lose customers.

On another note, anyone know where to to get a pair of Model 3 cabin air filters? My car's HVAC smells horrid.

I tried that but all it did was have me schedule an appointment time at a service center 100+ miles away. I'm on a road trip right now in California so I was hoping to pick up a pair at a service center. I'm 26 miles (like 3 hours in California traffic lol) away from one right now, debating risking it and just driving over there...

They fired the people who answer phones.

(seriously they cut support staff a while back)

Last time I was at my local SC there was 1 total dude out front, handling incoming folks with appointments, incoming folks there to pick up finished cars, and incoming folks there to pick up parts.... plus rando walk-ins. No way he'd also have had time for phone calls.

If not in a hurry, make an app appointment. If in a hurry just show up.

Reactions: kbecks13
Model 3 HEPA Cabin Air Filter Replacement

No experience with these; but I get the EV Tuning emails.

$100@!? I'm sure these are probably a bit higher quality than the OEM filters but Tesla is only charging $35 for a pair. If they were selling these filters for ~ $60 a pair I'd consider it, but $100 is too much for me.

Anyway, I too tried calling my local service center (Springfield, NJ) last week and got the parts dept voicemail. I was lucky enough to get a call back later that day. They do have the cabin air filters, or at least they did when they called me back last week. I'm going to try and get over there before they close today.

Certain parts of the country are spoiled. I would schedule an appointment and they will get back to you for more details.

On a Sunday night I scheduled an appointment three weeks out. The next morning about 8:15 I got a text and a few minutes later the part was ordered and a home install was scheduled for the next week.

Another time I busted an aero cap, emailed my service center and 5 minutes we talked and it was in the mail for next day delivery. Some of us have a direct phone and email address but I do not think they are published or given out to everyone. The regular system seems to work fine in some parts of the country.

I've tried calling my local service center but their number just brings me to the regular Tesla line (Where it asks if you are calling about energy products or cars). No option in there except for emergencies seem to bring you to an actual person. Its a little frustrating having to schedule in the app then wait 2+weeks to get a mid-day appointment to be talked to.

If someone has some tips on how to get in contact with your service center i'd love to hear it.

Oh and I've tried the contact thing on their website too but the options for questions are never what I need and to this day I've had 0/3 questions even responded to that way.

Just drove over there and was able to pick up some Model 3 cabin filters without any issue. It was a mad house however, with customers everywhere and cars stacked deep all over the parking lot and spilling over into the adjacent businesses. It really is a different (Tesla) world out here in CA... I had to wait 20 minutes at a 24(!) stall supercharger yesterday just to pick up a few electrons.

I do agree, it was much easier to schedule a service with my old Nissan Ice, via online scheduled appointment and done next day or call them. Tesla on other hand is trying to hunt them, not worst but growth is hurting it. Sure there is less maintenance but there is still some plus no 3rd party service is available that is trustworthy yet.

I wonder if Elon is aware of how bad service has become this year. Every time a bad taste is left in someone's mouth is a lesser chance of a repurchase down the road.
You can say that again. I won't discuss Tesla with anyone without also discussing their atrocious below-par support. You spend hours on hold to get to a person (when someone even picks up) and then more often than not, they can't even answer your question, promising a "call back" that never comes.

I was speaking with an older woman a month or so ago who was very interested in Tesla and on the fence about getting a Model X as her Mercedes lease was coming to an end. She was thrilled to hear how much I loved my Model 3 and that they offered leasing but as soon as I told her how horrible my delivery experience was and how you can't connect with a live person in a reasonable amount of time under any circumstance she decided against it.

I'm sure ol' Musky will realize before long that the cars' cool factor can't outweigh their trash support forever.

Still waiting on a call from my local service center that was promised to come to me over a week ago...

Last edited:
Reactions: afadeev