Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does Tesla ask you to apply for a loan when your delivery is 2+ months out?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In order for me to be given an EDD I was required to fill out a loan application or provide a third party loan. I ended up choosing the cash option as it makes no sense to apply for a loan that'll just expire by the time you pick up your car. I don't get why financing is the third step in the app, it should be one of the last steps you need to do.

I remember reading in an older thead a comment where someone received the check from the bank.
And started to paid back the loan even before getting the car, to avoid having to cancel the loan.
And getting then a less advantageous rate when requesting a new loan.
I don’t know of any bank that would give out an auto loan without a bill of sale, MVPA, etc..Without those documents it would just be considered a personal loan.
I think the post you’re thinking of was someone who was assigned a VIN and had a delivery scheduled, but for some reason Tesla re-routed their car to someone else. The person had their financial institution send the check sent to Tesla before the delivery date. Therefore they were paying the loan for a car they never took delivery of.