Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does Tesla say the car will come find you in a parking lot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s probably for the same reason that the delivery centers are telling everyone that the J1772 adapter no longer comes with the Model 3 but the website says it’s included with every vehicle. Because the two departments never talk to each other.

The management situation when it comes to this really is dreadful. Some of the best cars on the road, and then these issues. It’s just sad.

Reactions: OPRCE and cgrubbe
...Just feels super disingenuous...

It could be that Tesla is playful and it might try to be very funny.

However, it is still legally accurate.

For example: "Free chips and dips" or "Free Soda", really!

You then have to read the fine prints down below that you still have to pay for an entree in order to get those free.

Same principle with Tesla. Those fine prints below say those features can only really happen pending on:

.reliability
.regulatory approval

Enhanced Summon has been demonstrated on Youtube so it is real.

That's just how Tesla works.

• Disagree
Reactions: bro1999
So the website wasn’t updated. Is it really dreadful and sad? Drama.

Drama??? If you can't believe the web site about the cars, what can you believe about anything Tesla says?

I think it's funny that people here treat Tesla like they are selling cell phones. Well in a way they are I guess. A cell phone with a rather large battery and wheels.

Reactions: OPRCE and jsmay311
So the website wasn’t updated. Is it really dreadful and sad? Drama.

Dreadful and sad? No.

But it is sloppy and unprofessional and Tesla should be held to a higher standard. Consumers need to understand what the cars can and cannot do and Tesla has not been forthcoming with this information, especially when it involves “full self driving” as it is called but obviously it is not capable of doing.

I have a theory that since Elon is so dominating that many are afraid to make needed changes without his blessing or make suggestions to change that may run counter to his current thinking. This kind of paralyzes progress and what Tesla could probably benefit from an effective COO. Kinda the way Apple did under Jobs with Cook.

In addition, on the Model 3 Performance order page it says:

“Carbon fiber spoiler and Dual Motor badge available for installation after your delivery.”

As far as I’m aware all orders since several weeks ago are coming delivered with both.

I have a theory that since Elon is so dominating that many are afraid to make needed changes without his blessing or make suggestions to change that may run counter to his current thinking. This kind of paralyzes progress and what Tesla could probably benefit from an effective COO. Kinda the way Apple did under Jobs with Cook.
Yep. I agree. Just look at all the constant changes on the AP team.

It could be that Tesla is playful and it might try to be very funny.

However, it is still legally accurate.

For example: "Free chips and dips" or "Free Soda", really!

You then have to read the fine prints down below that you still have to pay for an entree in order to get those free.

Same principle with Tesla. Those fine prints below say those features can only really happen pending on:

.reliability
.regulatory approval

Enhanced Summon has been demonstrated on Youtube so it is real.

That's just how Tesla works.

But when you have a section that talks about stuff coming later this year... that Advanced Summon should be in there.

But when you have a section that talks about stuff coming later this year... that Advanced Summon should be in there.

Those stuff have not been verified by a Youtube made by an owner who's in an Early Access Program just yet.

But Enhanced Summon have been in Youtube by different Early Access Program owners already so it is not just a "visionary" planning stage.

Advanced Summon seems a lot like full self driving to me in terms of legal issues. Will this require approval by state governments? Who will assume responsibility for accidents? This is a feature I haven't even given consideration to using. When the car is in an automatic mode with me behind the wheel I can do a pretty good job of policing the car's actions (although yesterday it tried to rear end a car in the left turn lane when I was driving straight). But in a parking lot the key fob is not always easy to push a button on, much less three times fast and the phone app requires a myriad of software and communications to operate.

Where are the safety considerations in using this feature?