Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does the Model S not have the new door pop open feature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My buddy who owns a Model 3 has a new feature where he can just pop open his door from his phone/app. I've searched, but my Model S doesn't have that feature. Or am I just not seeing it? Do you Tesla Gurus know anything this? Please advise, thank you

If Model S also has an issue with the door handles freezing over and not deploying, it’s more likely that the feature will come to the S.

I haven’t heard that be a common complaint so I doubt it will come to the S.

They could deploy it to the S for other reasons but I would guess that’s very low on the priority list and unlikely to happen.

this is one of two significant issues I have with my Model S. Quick story time:
Last week, my door handle failed. They deployed, but when I pulled on the driver's door it didn't pop open. Talking to the Tesla tech that replaced my handle; he said this is very uncommon for new MS vehicles, but does happen on the older models. He told me to "just use the pop the door open" button in the app if it happens again... he thought it was odd that I climbed in on the passenger side, pressed the button on the inside of the door to open the driver's door. He was puzzled when I showed him that I did not have that button, but my wife did for her MYLR.

I asked him where I could submit this as an issue, he didn't know. Does anyone here know where we can send issues like this to Tesla?

My other issue is the lack of Auto-Pilot following distance adjustments via the scrolling wheels (pushing the right one left or right). Seems like an ergonomic quick fix to manually adjusting the follow distance in the AP sub-menu.

Again, where do we submit these issues to Tesla for a possible fix/implementation? Does anyone know?

Ty in advance

We've asked for years regarding adjusting the following distance on the thumb wheel. Tesla doesn't care I think. The S/X don't really matter to them any more. We also can customize the left thumb wheel for different functions like you can on the 3/Y either. I miss it very time I jump from the 3 into the S.

We've asked for years regarding adjusting the following distance on the thumb wheel. Tesla doesn't care I think. The S/X don't really matter to them any more. We also can customize the left thumb wheel for different functions like you can on the 3/Y either. I miss it very time I jump from the 3 into the S.
It is annoying that with FSD I can't change profiles in the S like I can my Y on the scroll wheel.