Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does the new Model S not have Caraoke (Karaoke)?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wrote to Tesla service about missing karaoke on refreshed Model S, this was their response:

Hi, your car should come with it.

Please look through the main app list and make sure the option is selected under the audio setting. If you still can not find it, you could stop by any showroom or service center without an appointment for us to take a look. Please confirm upon receiving this message as we will be canceling this appointment. Thank you for your understanding

Upvote 0
I wrote to Tesla service about missing karaoke on refreshed Model S, this was their response:

Please look through the main app list and make sure the option is selected under the audio setting. If you still can not find it, you could stop by any showroom or service center without an appointment for us to take a look. Please confirm upon receiving this message as we will be canceling this appointment. Thank you for your understanding
Such uselessness. The refresh S does not yet have "Caraoke" as it is called. The people who represent this company should know this.

Upvote 0
Tesla should have stated that the car has a 4th motor and just put the asterisk next to the claim. Then, like all other stuff, just state that this feature may not be present or active in your car at time of delivery. We all seem to believe lies already...

It really is sad. No other car company behaves this way. And sure, there are things we love about Tesla because they are like no other car company. But then there are some aspects that are generally appalling. Even more galling is that if you go to the Software Upgrades tab in your car, it tells you if you subscribe to the Premium Connectivity (that most of us still have since we get it free for a year) it comes with Caraoke (it doesn't). Absolute jokers. I'm amazed there hasn't been a lawsuit of some sort. While it's a small thing - you've no idea how much this feature is missed with a car full of family.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

A follow up message from service:

“I did more asking around and digging on the website, It does seem like some of the cars do not have it. There is nothing we can do at the service center level and will most likely be addressed in a future firmware update.”

Attachments

• 75F6437E-54DF-4F66-86AD-7C5575C7165D.jpeg
    75F6437E-54DF-4F66-86AD-7C5575C7165D.jpeg
    342.8 KB · Views: 314
Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0
It really is sad. No other car company behaves this way. And sure, there are things we love about Tesla because they are like no other car company. But then there are some aspects that are generally appalling. Even more galling is that if you go to the Software Upgrades tab in your car, it tells you if you subscribe to the Premium Connectivity (that most of us still have since we get it free for a year) it comes with Caraoke (it doesn't). Absolute jokers. I'm amazed there hasn't been a lawsuit of some sort. While it's a small thing - you've no idea how much this feature is missed with a car full of family.
“Some” of the cars? Really? 🤦🏻‍♂️
I picked up my Tesla MX LR on 7/6 and looked for Caraoke to determine/confirm my premium connectivity subscription. Now it makes sense that I probably have premium connectivity, but my car is missing the Caraoke app. Agree—Tesla has horrible customer service, and gets away with it. The service team canceled my appointments numerous times saying they can’t help. Love my MX but the service quirks are pretty disappointing.

Upvote 0
Why? All hands on deck for FSD. All the other things in 'beta' see no progress or are missing from the old S/X (auto wipers, auto high beams, Summon, Smart Summon, energy graph, customizable Binacle screens, caraoke, easy follow distance adjust with roller like 3/Y, and a CENTER HORN when told just need software update last Nov in a tweet. ) Still have terrible horn 'button'. But FSD keeps getting "improvements".

Upvote 0
Why? All hands on deck for FSD. All the other things in 'beta' see no progress or are missing from the old S/X (auto wipers, auto high beams, Summon, Smart Summon, energy graph, customizable Binacle screens, caraoke, easy follow distance adjust with roller like 3/Y, and a CENTER HORN when told just need software update last Nov in a tweet. ) Still have terrible horn 'button'. But FSD keeps getting "improvements".

The FSD team have nothing to do with the games/apps etc team. Both can exist at the same time.

Reactions: henderrj
Upvote 0
The FSD team have nothing to do with the games/apps etc team. Both can exist at the same time.
A company only has so many resources. The resources working on anything other than FSD seem to be lacking. The refreshed S has been out over a year and the software isn't as feature complete as the old one was, let along working on bringing improvements to any of The Other perpetually-in-beta features. Not impressive software dev.

Reactions: aerodyne
Upvote 0