Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does the P100D cost $42,500 more than the P100?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thats crazy when may of us would pay more for more range. 600 mile Tesla would be very appealing for those of us in the Northeast where the weather can raise consumption by 30% (slippage on snow, heating the cabin, defrosting the window, cold air density etc...)

So 600 mile range becomes 400 when you drive 80MPH with four people and luggage and very cold air...

....the weather can raise consumption by 30% (slippage on snow, heating the cabin, defrosting the window, cold air density etc...)

So 600 mile range becomes 400 when you drive 80MPH with four people and luggage and very cold air...
And you drive 80 mph in the snow? I've got to remember to stay away from there;)

Rumor has it that it makes your pee-pee grow bigger.
Nope. (You got cause and effect backwards.)

The rumor is based upon the money you need to consider it worth to buy and maintain it, and if you are wealthy enough to have a huge house and all that other stuff behind it fully maintained and defended (taxes paid/armies/etc.) plus plenty left over that would afford you that much car cost, then it actually already was long before you got the car; one comes before the other, not the other causes the one. A causes B and C, not B causes C without A. Give a man a P100D, he will not be more of a man. Find a man who has a P100D and thinks it's cheap, and he was already more of a man before he got it. The man who affords all of that already is more potent, because he should be.

If anyone is wondering why that particular number, I assume the specific answer to that is that 42 is the answer to the Life, the Universe, and Everything (Douglas Adams books). Of course, the most potent men would already know that, and they're only really communicating to those of their ilk, so it doesn't really matter what it means.

I'm somewhat mystified why anybody would start a thread asking why something that's supposed to be expensive is expensive.

Last edited: