Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Doesn't Tesla Motors Have An Exhibition At The New York Auto Show In April ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking because sometimes I go to the NY Auto Show , Why Doesn't Tesla Motors Have An Exhibition At The New York Auto Show In April ? Tesla was at the Geneva Auto etc. , but I would think that U.S. auto market is much bigger than Europe and Tesla is in the US it would be more logical to have an exhibition in one of the largest markets in the US. But if you say Tesla is a small startup company then wouldn't they get more exposure and become a larger company by being at the NY Auto Show?

From what I've heard, Tesla doesn't really believe shows are worthwhile. They get a lot of foot traffic through their mall stores, and I guess they figure that's more worth the investment - like doing a show every day. So it appears they just do Detroit and Geneva.

Since 2006 you could probably count the shows Tesla has done on one or two hands. LA, NY, Detroit and every city in between has an auto show -and the rest of the world to boot. It's just not their thing.

Why Doesn't Tesla Motors Have An Exhibition At The New York Auto Show In Apr...

From a qualifying a customer perspective, the stores are a much better investment. By entering the store you're self selecting. Auto shows bring all types.