Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why dont we have a “jeep wave?”

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been waving, hahaha, other Tesla drivers (all 5 of them) think I'm nuts - though not as much as when I forget and wave at a Jeep :D

(We have the M3P and a Wrangler 4xe)

Next up: Ducking a Tesla o_O

I fear of carpel tunnel if I start tesla waving in socal. lol

That's like Jeeps around here, I'll swear there are days where like every 4th car is a Wrangler, or we'll get like 3-5 in a row ... it's a Wave-o-Rama :D

• Funny
Reactions: calidreamz808
Subaru owners wave...well mainly WRXs, STis and turbo Foresters, mainly those with the hood scoop. Funny thing is when people start waving at you, you feel obligated to return the wave. When you wave at someone and it's ignored you feel a bit slighted for maybe half a second.

Reactions: Gasaraki
Subaru owners wave...well mainly WRXs, STis and turbo Foresters, mainly those with the hood scoop. Funny thing is when people start waving at you, you feel obligated to return the wave. When you wave at someone and it's ignored you feel a bit slighted for maybe half a second.
This is probably why I'm so over waving. Up until my M3P was delivered today I'd been driving my STi for the past 18 years. During that time I also owned two motorcycles. Everywhere I go people were waving at me. Living near Washington, DC there are so many Teslas. Just the thought of having to wave at all those people for the next 18 years is too much. Today driving around I just avoided even looking at them.

I’ve always thought of jeep owners as part of a cult but always thought their wave thing was cool. You see almost every jeep owner wave when they pass another jeep. Why can’t we have a wave or a sign like we all turn on our windshield wipers or pop our charging door? A simple wave isn’t out to the question either. It’s not like jeep owners are the only ones that have a universal wave. Motorcycle gangs, Amish people, taxi drivers, all use a wave. Why can’t we?
Let’s start discuss what wave would be best. I’m open for ideas ;)
We did... but now there are too many people that don't know the rules. Same thing happened to my Subaru crowd. I've had 3 Subarus before my Tesla and the Subaru people always waved (at least the performance models). That died off when Subarus got popular and people didn't know the wave.

Occasionally, I still get the Tesla wave.

I've owned two Jeep Grand Cherokees - one for 10 years and the other for 8 years. In all that time I never saw another Jeep driver wave at me and it never occurred to me to wave to another Jeep. I've had my M3 for nearly a year now. There aren't many of them where I live so I always notice them but I've never seen another Tesla driver wave at me and I have never waved at them...thank God!
Only people in Wranglers wave to each other. You were not in the cool club.

Because in my area I pass a Tesla every minute or two. I'm not waving at everyone, and I don't really want people waving at me either.
Try being in the Bay Area or LA. If you waved at other Tesla drivers, you’d be dragged out of your car and accused of being mentally unstable. All recorded on Sentry.

Hey, maybe there’s a TikTok meme in there.

Try being in the Bay Area or LA. If you waved at other Tesla drivers, you’d be dragged out of your car and accused of being mentally unstable. All recorded on Sentry.

Hey, maybe there’s a TikTok meme in there.
I was in San Fran on vacation the week before I picked mine up - it did not help my wait that literally every third car was a Tesla.

Honestly the Jeep wave is not even really a thing anymore. I drove the latest Wrangler for a weekend and (like the big nerd I am) kept count of how many waves I got back. Think I was around 45% on the weekend. I waved a few times in my Tesla at other Teslas but they either a) didn't care or b) weren't looking/on FSD. My car is new and novel for me (one month in) but for the majority of other Tesla owners, they're just clean appliances.

The wave was "cute" in elementary school but is was something in the past. Now we have all grown up.

1631213691808.png