Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Fremont MY if Austin MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would one want to take delivery of Fremont MY when Austin MY comes with these improvements.
People having delivery within the next 2-3 months , should we opt to cancel it and wait for Austin MY.
Also, what do you think about depreciation for Fremont MY once Austin MY are in the mix .

6916634F-AB99-4058-8882-8FB50A3719E6.jpeg

Why would one want to take delivery of Fremont MY when Austin MY comes with these improvements.
People having delivery within the next 2-3 months , should we opt to cancel it and wait for Austin MY.
Also, what do you think about depreciation for Fremont MY once Austin MY are in the mix ...

Because although it's cheap for Tesla to make but you still pay the same price and when you need service it's much more expensive and the consuming.

Fremont cars have been proven for years while Texas cars are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: greenmonk
Also, what do you think about depreciation for Fremont MY once Austin MY are in the mix .

View attachment 832538
I've thought about this myself (I'm in TX) and after considering the pros and cons, I think right now I would prefer a Fremont built car. Until they have all the kinks and bugs worked out, I'll stick with what I already know is a (comparatively) solid product. By the time I'm ready to either trade-in my MYP or buy a different Tesla, they'll have worked out any kinks and hopefully the new batteries will allow more range. As for holding their value, right now there isn't enough of a noticeable difference to consumers between the 2 types of builds to cause a resale value difference. Unless you're willing to wait about 2 years, you shouldn't worry about it.

I just placed my order weeks ago. I’m located in SoCal and am anew to Tesla. The person at the local service center told me that all the Model Y deliveries to this area have been coming out of Fremont. I asked if I could request an Austin build and was told that it wouldn’t be possible. I’m new to Tesla and the reading that I’ve done suggests there are pros and cons for one factory over the other. But based on what I’ve been told it’s a moot point since because it seems I have to take whatever shows up.

My question: Can I reject delivery (without any penalty) based on the build location?