Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why haven't you gotten 17.17.4?

Why haven't you gotten 17.17.4?

• Your wi-fi doesn't reach to the garage

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • You're pretty sure Elon Musk overheard you at a party saying "SpaceX is all just Hollywood CGI"

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • It's an electric car so you can only get updates after you've plugged in at Walgreens for 12 hours

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • You've joined a class action suit and disabled all updates in fear of the "Death to Traitors" update

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You use AP so much that you're a prime candidate for live drive data but they don't get you

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • You use AP so much that you're a prime candidate for live crash data but they don't get you

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hacked an Ethernet port directly into my car's data bus and still no update. Understandable as the Ethernet cable is just draped across the floor. Later today I'll raise it onto pyramid-shaped stands with non-combustible gold metal alloy spacers, which will boost the signal. Without that the digital assets won't make it across smoothly, some 0 or 1s will actually get received as 1/2. You can tell when this happens as the mirrors flap open and closed. For best results should the pyramids be aligned to magnetic or true north? I have not checked for local ley lines, will that help?

I hacked an Ethernet port directly into my car's data bus and still no update. Understandable as the Ethernet cable is just draped across the floor. Later today I'll raise it onto pyramid-shaped stands with non-combustible gold metal alloy spacers, which will boost the signal. Without that the digital assets won't make it across smoothly, some 0 or 1s will actually get received as 1/2. You can tell when this happens as the mirrors flap open and closed. For best results should the pyramids be aligned to magnetic or true north? I have not checked for local ley lines, will that help?

EXCELLENT IDEA !! And when it does work, don't forget to reward your car with a cute little aluminum party hat on the roof just over the mirror.

So when the next version of 17.17.x comes out, would you rather have gotten 17.17.4 sooner or the newer 17.17.x sooner? Since all firmware releases are sent out in tranches, chances are that if you got 17.17.4 now, you will get the later 17.17.x even later unless there was some emergency reason to get you off of 17.17.4.

I know that this is a bit of an old thread, but is anyone else in the US with AP2 still waiting for 17.17.4/17? I just got my car back from the SC and one of the notes said something to the effect of, "Check if update necessary - car firmware up-to-date."

I'm still on 17.14.35... I do have both cell and WiFi connectivity issues in my garage, but this hasn't been a problem before and, again, the SC said I was up-to-date.

I know that this is a bit of an old thread, but is anyone else in the US with AP2 still waiting for 17.17.4/17? I just got my car back from the SC and one of the notes said something to the effect of, "Check if update necessary - car firmware up-to-date."

I'm still on 17.14.35... I do have both cell and WiFi connectivity issues in my garage, but this hasn't been a problem before and, again, the SC said I was up-to-date.

That's not right. They screwed up.

Thanks for the feedback. Sadly and gladly (much shorter commute) not driving the car much anymore, so it doesn't impact me that much.

I'll try rebooting just to see if that clears a corrupted DL (or does some other power-cycling magic) just for the hell of it.

By the way, I got issued a P100DL as a loaner. Holy hell... I didn't even try launch mode and that thing was... invigorating. Definitely pissed the wife off a couple of times.

Reactions: jimmyz80