TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Why haven't you gotten 17.17.4?

Discussion in 'Tesla' started by _jal_, May 7, 2017.

Tags:
?

Why haven't you gotten 17.17.4?

1. Your wi-fi doesn't reach to the garage

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. You're pretty sure Elon Musk overheard you at a party saying "SpaceX is all just Hollywood CGI"

8 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. It's an electric car so you can only get updates after you've plugged in at Walgreens for 12 hours

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. You've joined a class action suit and disabled all updates in fear of the "Death to Traitors" update

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. You use AP so much that you're a prime candidate for live drive data but they don't get you

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  6. You use AP so much that you're a prime candidate for live crash data but they don't get you

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. _jal_

_jal_ Member

We all have our own understanding of why we don't get updates when they're released. Let's get to the bottom of this!

• Funny x 2
  2. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

Maybe because it takes a while? Okay, my turn. Why can't you just be patient? No, let me rephrase that. Be patient, it will come. Geezzzz.

3. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

I hacked an Ethernet port directly into my car's data bus and still no update. Understandable as the Ethernet cable is just draped across the floor. Later today I'll raise it onto pyramid-shaped stands with non-combustible gold metal alloy spacers, which will boost the signal. Without that the digital assets won't make it across smoothly, some 0 or 1s will actually get received as 1/2. You can tell when this happens as the mirrors flap open and closed. For best results should the pyramids be aligned to magnetic or true north? I have not checked for local ley lines, will that help?

• Funny x 3
    • Helpful x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. JHuberman

JHuberman Member

they found bugs in the release and have stopped releasing it. Just guessing as to why the release is so slow.

5. DriverOne

DriverOne Supporting Member

I think you're right @JHuberman. That picture of you running about seeking the best signal from Fremont is priceless! :)

• Funny x 2
  6. Akikiki

Akikiki A'-Lo-HA ! y'all

EXCELLENT IDEA !! And when it does work, don't forget to reward your car with a cute little aluminum party hat on the roof just over the mirror.

7. JHuberman

JHuberman Member

I am looking for the best signal. I am on the USA Team competing in ARDF (Amateur radio direction finding) at the world championship in Bulgaria. We have to find radio transmitters in the forest. For more info Backwoods Orienteering Klub, Raleigh Durham NC

• Like x 3
  8. animorph

animorph Member

I was notified by the app on 5/5 that I have an update available. But the car is at the Service Center. So I think I have it, but can't get to it.

9. techmaven

techmaven Active Member

So when the next version of 17.17.x comes out, would you rather have gotten 17.17.4 sooner or the newer 17.17.x sooner? Since all firmware releases are sent out in tranches, chances are that if you got 17.17.4 now, you will get the later 17.17.x even later unless there was some emergency reason to get you off of 17.17.4.

10. oktane

oktane Active Member

That is perhaps the nerdiest sport I have ever heard of. Sounds awesome!

• Like x 1
  11. Pilot4Hire102

Pilot4Hire102 Member

It's only been pushed to less than 3,000 cars

12. riemannh

riemannh Member

I know that this is a bit of an old thread, but is anyone else in the US with AP2 still waiting for 17.17.4/17? I just got my car back from the SC and one of the notes said something to the effect of, "Check if update necessary - car firmware up-to-date."

I'm still on 17.14.35... I do have both cell and WiFi connectivity issues in my garage, but this hasn't been a problem before and, again, the SC said I was up-to-date.

13. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

It looks like the roll-out has slowed down/stopped. Maybe you'll get lucky and be one of the first to get the next release. 17.22.x ? 17.23.x ??

14. _jal_

_jal_ Member

Were you at a party that Elon was also at and did you loudly proclaim that SpaceX is all just Hollywood CGI?:p

15. croman

croman Active Member

That's not right. They screwed up.

16. riemannh

riemannh Member

Thanks for the feedback. Sadly and gladly (much shorter commute) not driving the car much anymore, so it doesn't impact me that much.

I'll try rebooting just to see if that clears a corrupted DL (or does some other power-cycling magic) just for the hell of it.

By the way, I got issued a P100DL as a loaner. Holy hell... I didn't even try launch mode and that thing was... invigorating. Definitely pissed the wife off a couple of times.

• Like x 1
  17. riemannh

riemannh Member

FYI: I contacted the SC and they indicated that there was a bug with my vehicle preventing software updates... in case anyone else is in the same boat. They are trying to do an OTA fix.