Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I’m tired of hearing from impatient whingers about Model 3 wait

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice that's what i like to do as well. I don't think most do that in this country btw Takes money to do that in WA, work in mining I guess.

WA has a renewable energy plan?

WA has no renewable energy plan, the previous government had no interest, the current government have a lot of reasons to keep their mouth closed, not upset the mining giants and let nature take its course, a 6.5kw rooftop solar system is $3700 installed at the moment, payback is less than 3 years, the wind blows consistently along 2000kms of coastline and there's an excess of cheap gas to fill in the generation gaps, unless there is Federal government interference Coal is dead in WA.

Reactions: Shock-On-T
...unless there is Federal government interference Coal is dead in WA.
I think you are right with the possible exception of Bluewaters Power station. It’s only about 10years old and I think the Administrators have been keeping it running since Griffin coal went under 4 or 5 years ago. I could be wrong but seem to remember that most of its capacity is contracted to Boddington gold mine so no real effect on EV emissions anyway.
The other operational coal power stations in WA that I am aware of are actually multi fuel capable and the preferred fuel is gas with emergency use of oil or coal in the event of an interruption to the gas supply.