Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I cancelled my order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was told by Tesla that they were not fixable at my appointment. this was not an assumption or me trying to over exaggerate. I’m just not willing to take delivery of a very expensive car with obvious manufacturing issues that can’t be repaired or fixed. I’m surprised that everyone here is trying to discredit me. Here’s some photos not the best but what I had in my phot album.
I would refuse delivery if they can't promise to fix this somehow and even then it might takes months for them to do so. Honestly, when you pay over $60k for a car, you expect quality.

I also refuse to buy the line that Tesla buyers over scrutinized quality. I've never seen any of these panel gaps, ripped liners, dirty interior panels at BMW, Mercedes or Lexus dealerships. Now, the real question is, can you drive the vehicle safely? Yes. Does it operate as expected? Yes. but do you feel good after dropping $60k+ knowingly you are living with defects? no.... absolutely no.... you've got to be a pretty big fanboy or have no intention to keep the car long term to accept them.

Obviously the person could not afford it. "Building assets, not liabilities".. haha funny. A normal person would not have canceled the order after waiting for months or even a year.. Yes, I agree a troll or a bot! Look at the name" maybe owner" lol come on..

Obviously the person could not afford it. "Building assets, not liabilities".. haha funny. A normal person would not have canceled the order after waiting for months or even a year.. Yes, I agree a troll or a bot! Look at the name" maybe owner" lol come on..
I don't know if its a troll or a bot but I do know people who canceled their orders after almost a year of waiting. People do change minds you know.... especially after being jerked around by Tesla with multiple pushback on EDD.

Not everyone is a diehard Tesla fan

Not unexpected that some buyers would have situations change between the time of ordering to delivery. Relatively painless to simply cancel your order and go on with your life. No real reason to come to a forum to proclaim that canceling your order is some sort of badge of Courage.

Cosmetic panel gaps are more of a Ego thing for many than a functional reason to cancel an order.

It's probably not even worth it to respond anymore to "poor build quality" first posts. The MY and M3 booth had teething problems when first introduced, as do all new models from every manufacturer. Just from reading here, it seems like these issues have diminished to the point where a post like the OP's indicates either he got a rare legitimate lemon or he's a troll.

Now, when either the CT, the Semi or the new Roadster debut, I suspect the justified fit and finish posts may return.
How many Tesla Semi owners are going to worry about fit and finish? It's all about cost per mile to deliver 25 tons of freight.

• Informative
Reactions: db93
Not unexpected that some buyers would have situations change between the time of ordering to delivery. Relatively painless to simply cancel your order and go on with your life. No real reason to come to a forum to proclaim that canceling your order is some sort of badge of Courage.

Cosmetic panel gaps are more of a Ego thing for many than a functional reason to cancel an order.
I don't know what it is about Teslas but ppl tend to lose all sense of relativism.