Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I decided against window tint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't see how cooling is more efficient than heating.

I think what actually happens is Lithium Ion batteries have really poor efficiency in cool weather so it only appears like heating takes so much more energy. Plus things like water/snow, and other weather events play in during the winter. So it's hard to really isolate all the variables. I'd really need to get numbers that are going into the cooling/heating elements of the HVAC system.
You'd have to compare what's basically a one direction heat pump (HVAC) for cooling to resistive heating.

You can see the usage when it's fully charged and plugged in. The charging screen will display usage. My car is getting wrapped right now, but if you want to try it out...

• Informative
Reactions: S4WRXTTCS
Seats should use around 500W, heater uses 4300 W
Let's Look At Energy Consumption Of Tesla Model 3 Heater

Not sure on the AC just yet

I find it hard to believe that a single seat used roughly 500watts at a setting of 1 bar.

My Ether miner produced way more heat at under 1000 watts where it heated an entire room in the dead of winter with the window open (I was using the window being open as cooling). This was before the Ether crash and I did it to pay off the computer which I now use for Neural Network stuff.

I find it hard to believe that a single seat used roughly 500watts at a setting of 1 bar.
It's entirely possible the article is mistaken because in the video we do see the system disconnect while the seat heater is still on and all of a sudden it was drawing no power from the wall.

It's kind of funny that the only reason I can't test myself right now is because I'm getting it wrapped and tinted while posting on a thread about possibly not tinting.

It's entirely possible the article is mistaken because in the video we do see the system disconnect while the seat heater is still on and all of a sudden it was drawing no power from the wall.

It's kind of funny that the only reason I can't test myself right now is because I'm getting it wrapped and tinted while posting on a thread about possibly not tinting.

I would test it now, but the Jeep is in the garage and I'm lazy.

Mostly I'm impressed by the efficiency of cooling.

I wish my camper van had efficient cooling.

As to wrapping I'm just getting the frontal xpel. I probably won't tint as I live in a very mild climate. Or at least I'll wait till summer to decide.