TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Why I invested in Tesla... please give feedback

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by andrewt3000, Jun 11, 2013.

Tags:
  1. andrewt3000

andrewt3000 Member

2. austinEV

austinEV Supporting Member

I like it a lot. It's an unusually good "summary" article of where we are and have been recently. One bragging point most people miss: it might well be the safest car on the road.

But, as an investment thesis you need to tackle the gen III/battery cost issue. The company's valuation isn't based on the excellent model S, or the latent value of the SC standard/network (which could be huge) but on the ability to bring to market a $40k car in 2016. If you are a bear, you think it isn't possible and tesla is going to remain a small maker of expensive quality cars, deserving of a smaller valuation. If you are a bull, you think this price point is in the bag and tesla's excellent product quality will sell itself to millions worldwide and will leave the big 5 scrambling to catch up.

3. nursebee

nursebee Member

Blah Blah Blah

I am glad others find value in Tesla at these prices.

I'd prefer you justified further price expansion. That is a reason to invest.

I'm holding. I've justified price expansion.

4. Soflason

Soflason Member

#4 Soflason, Jun 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
    Excellent.

Agree with AustinEV that battery tech should be discussed further as it's often misunderstood by investors.

Also, I find its helpful to point out past examples to help benchmark what we're seeing. Under my same TMC handle (Soflason), I tried to battle it out with some naysayers with multiple posts in the comments section (as I often do to vigorously support investing in TSLA) - some of these parallels may help make the TSLA investment resonate more with conservative investors:
    Tesla's 2013 Model S Is a Game-Changer (TSLA)