Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I love my 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its official, I am a Tesla fan boy.
Reasons are:

1. Most comfortable ride I've had, ever. I've had a few cars and this is by far the best.
2. Second easiest car to get in and out of (I still believe my old Prius III was best, but only by a bit). This is important to me because I drive around a lot for work and I get in and out of my car 10-15 times a night, or more.
3. Best headlights ever (I have the new face lift with LED lights), I've had a few LED headlights before but this is the best
4. No more bottom scraping. My Volt's front bumper's bottom has seen better days. It scrapes so much! No more with the 70D, even at normal height the clearance is great. When I have to go up a bad driveway I just raise the car. Easy peasy.
5. The best voice activated navigation ever! I've had a few cars which had voice control but never used them because they never really worked. Its probably because of my accent. I'm not a native english speaker. I used voice navigation control last night around 15 times and had 2 errors, mainly because the street names ware bizarre but easily corrected on screen. I even tried to test voice control by picking a place that had a french sounding name. The analysis of what I said was displayed and it was incorrect but sounded the same BUT the navigation app actually correctly predicted where I wanted to go and calculated a trip to that place! Call me impressed!
6. BEST reversing camera ever! Prior to this the best was my old Prius III. Evoque and Volt reversing cameras are rubbish in comparison to the Prius III. Even more so now compared to the model S.
7. Never have to go to petrol station to fill up. I still needed to fill up occasionally with the Volt because it is an electric car with a range extender. I call it a hybrid but Chevrolet will disagree. :p

I'm sure I'll discover some more things but so far this is my list. :)

My worry now is once my wife drives the model S that we will start fighting over who gets to us it. :p

Additional features of the voice activation, not sure if you knew this or not, but one can say "Take me to <name of business>"....I do this a lot when going to restaurants....so I could say "Take me to Flinders Hotel" or "Take me to The Epicurean" and bang...finds it and off I go.

I need to make the time to put in some destinations such as "Take me to Coast Home" because I know "Take me home" works as I have taken the time to enter my home address (or Tesla did, can’t remember)…currently I can say "Take me to <customer name><suburb" and it works, I can skip the suburb if I know they’re only in one location.

Really nice, and agreed, the voice activation is fantastic...my 4 year old son loves it....even in the back of the car I press the voice button and he says, for example, "Play Wheels on the bus" and up comes a big long list of choices…I just then have to deal with the "I want that one"...."which one?"...."that one”….”Tell me the colour of the album, which one?”….”that one”….so many choices ;-)

-ECIT

Last edited: