Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I stopped displaying remaining miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After having my Model 3 AWD for a few months and actually seeing how long the battery lasts, daily usage patterns, how fast I can supercharge, and that I can charge at 22 mi/hr at home make the range indicator pointless since I fill up when I sleep.

Just displaying the percentage reduces my range anxiety and degradation anxiety. It actually makes me feel like I can go further as well since percentage decreases slower than miles driven.

I’d recommend doing what I did if you experience any anxiety.

After having my Model 3 AWD for a few months and actually seeing how long the battery lasts, daily usage patterns, how fast I can supercharge, and that I can charge at 22 mi/hr at home make the range indicator pointless since I fill up when I sleep.

Just displaying the percentage reduces my range anxiety and degradation anxiety. It actually makes me feel like I can go further as well since percentage decreases slower than miles driven.

I’d recommend doing what I did if you experience any anxiety.

Yeah, I never used the "miles" indicator, just percentage - like my iPhone!

Miles for me. I find it reduces range anxiety. I know a) how many miles I need to travel, b) how many miles of range I have (even if approximate), and c) my desired safety margin in miles. As long as A is less than B plus C, I don't have range anxiety.

A percentage of battery doesn't tell me much. And, if you use the 3x of %, I doubt that's any more accurate than what the car tells you in miles.

Miles for me. I find it reduces range anxiety. I know a) how many miles I need to travel, b) how many miles of range I have (even if approximate), and c) my desired safety margin in miles. As long as A is less than B plus C, I don't have range anxiety.

A percentage of battery doesn't tell me much. And, if you use the 3x of %, I doubt that's any more accurate than what the car tells you in miles.
Agreed! I started with % when I got the car and range anxiety was big. Switched to km and it completely went away!