Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

why I (we) didn't get the Boombox in the last software updates?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a June MY also. Sure would I have loved to play with the boombox a few times - yes - but no speaker. Operative word there is a few times - playing some music or other stuff - and - people going ooh and ahh. HOWEVER it would be short lived AND NOT a consolation for having the goofy forward and reverse noise. Be thankful you dont have the speaker. How many times you play with the fart thing? Yeah same thing.

Reactions: Catbiscuits
Our 2020 Model Y performance did not come with boombox or UFO noise because it didn’t have the speaker so I ordered the speaker part 1299965-00-A from my local Tesla Service Center and had them install it now I have the UFO noise and the boombox. It was $188 CAD for Parts & labour.

C94D8EEC-C7E6-4CDD-9EFB-8D2D47B0268D.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3
Our 2020 Model Y performance did not come with boombox or UFO noise because it didn’t have the speaker so I ordered the speaker part 1299965-00-A from my local Tesla Service Center and had them install it now I have the UFO noise and the boombox. It was $188 CAD for Parts & labour.

View attachment 629140
that's awesome-Canadians ahead of US. Tesla is not just a car but all round joy & fun. The service here do not even understand what I'm asking/talking about. Noe I've the part #, too.

View attachment 629140

Do you know if they had to push any sort of a flag/update on the system side to enable it? Or does the latest software release detect newly added speakers?

that's awesome-Canadians ahead of US. Tesla is not just a car but all round joy & fun. The service here do not even understand what I'm asking/talking about. Noe I've the part #, too.

To be honest I had to argue with them for a week before they finally gave in to my demands lol at first I said I want boombox they said they don’t make that part and my vehicle is not equipped for it so I said well I will just buy the speaker part number 1299965-00-A and if it doesn’t work that’s ok if it only has UFO noise that’s ok too but to my surprise it has boombox I didn’t expect that I said I wanted it to make UFO noise for safety I actually prefer it makes noise backing up unlike others

Do you know if they had to push any sort of a flag/update on the system side to enable it? Or does the latest software release detect newly added speakers?

I have no idea and they refuse to tell me how they got it working but from what I am guessing is that it knew that it was there because it was in service mode which only Tesla can if you install it yourself it’s not the same I think the car recognizes them changing it

• Informative
Reactions: Thp3