Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why I Won't Be Purchasing My 3rd Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I personally never found the S to have that bad of an interior at all. I do wish there was less road and wind noise, minor squeaks and rattles, pillowed headrests and massaging seats, etc... But I actually kind of prefer the Model S interior design language vs the German competition.

Model S has cleaner, more simple, sleek, futuristic design like a spaceship. Germans are more about the straight opulence of leather from massaged cows and an analog Rolex watch built into the dash with a sea of buttons and a convoluted crappy center screen.... It’s nice but not that big of a deal IMO. The S interior certainly still feels more upscale over your average Joe Smoe passenger car, which is good enough for me honestly.

My 2008 BMW has held up extremely well compared to my model s which is 7 years newer and half the miles. Not only that but the bmw has no creaks or rattles.

My 2010 BMW had tears in both the seats after just a few years. The beautiful open pore wood trim in my S is worlds above the plasticy trim in my BMW. Tesla has also vastly improved the S over the years. My 2017 is much quieter and has much better HVAC compared with my 2014.

My 2010 BMW had tears in both the seats after just a few years. The beautiful open pore wood trim in my S is worlds above the plasticy trim in my BMW. Tesla has also vastly improved the S over the years. My 2017 is much quieter and has much better HVAC compared with my 2014.
Ok looks are subjective so you can’t use that as a talking point. It’s like saying you like the color of your tesla more than the bmw, who gives a hoot?
But whatever. Disagree all you want. The fact remains the same, Teslas interior quality SUCKS!

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
Criticism drives innovation. If everyone just stayed quiet and did not give any negative feedback we’d be stuck with the same exact car as was released in 2012
It’s weird how people attack others simply because someone has an opinion about an improvement that can and should be made in order to stay competitive with other automakers.

Ok looks are subjective so you can’t use that as a talking point. It’s like saying you like the color of your tesla more than the bmw, who gives a hoot?
But whatever. Disagree all you want. The fact remains the same, Teslas interior quality SUCKS!

I think it’s kind of unfair to say that the interior quality sucks. It’s kind of like saying the Hellcat Demon interior sucks for a $90k car. But that’s not the point of a hellcat.

I would say the Model S has fit and finish along the lines of a $40k Buick (still decent comfort and quality), except with an infotainment tech and drivetrain that is simply light years ahead of the German luxury cars. Not to mention more modern and sleek interior styling IMHO.

You guys are making it sound like the interior is worse than a Nissan Versa. Sheesh!

Last edited:
I think it’s kind of unfair to say that the interior quality sucks. It’s kind of like saying the Hellcat Demon interior sucks for a $90k car. But that’s not the point of a hellcat.

I would say the Model S has fit and finish along the lines of a $40k Buick (still decent comfort and quality), except with an infotainment tech and drivetrain that is simply light years ahead of the German luxury cars. Not to mention more modern and sleek interior styling IMHO.

You guys are making it sound like the interior is worse than a Nissan Versa. Sheesh!
What is it with people bringing up other aspects of the car to make up for a subpar aspect
Why can’t we have the best of both worlds?

The interior is bad.....”no it’s not!!! But the drivetrain blows everything away! The screen! THE DRIVETRAIN!!!!”