Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why in 2020 do New Zealand and Australia have to order accessories like it's the 80s/90s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I apologize, this is a bit of a rant but it's a bit frustrating that New Zealand and Australia (and probably other markets outside of North America/Europe) have no means to order accessories from an online store. From Tesla. The company making cars of the future.

Instead, we're given a PDF that we can pick what we want out of. For the true 80s/90s feel you can print it out and circle with a marker what you want. You then have to call up the Service Center and communicate to them what you want to buy. To pay, you have to then give them your credit card number over the phone (including expiry and CVV). At that point, the person hangs up and at some point in the future your accessory arrives (I think they wait for a certain number of orders before doing a bulk order from the States).

If you think going to the SC makes the process easier, you'd be wrong. Instead of talking on the phone, you talk to the person directly who takes your credit card and manually enters it into their PC. They have no POS system to handle such orders.

Surely it can't be that difficult to set up some kind of web store for us. *sugar*, all the Tesla related videos I watch on YouTube have sponsor ads for Squarespace and go on about how easy it is to do. There is also the aspect of hoping they're looking after my credit card details properly.