Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Audi E-Tron selling so well in Norway?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't think I will keep my hands of the steering wheel at such speed !!!
It's no problem because it works really well. You get used to it.

Audi comes with 2x LIDAR sensors, radar, cameras, latest MobilEye tech and whatnot on some of their latest cars. It's really good even at fast speeds.
bd1xm3wvzne31.jpg

It's no problem because it works really well. You get used to it.
Audi comes with 2x LIDAR sensors, radar, cameras, latest MobilEye tech and
whatnot on some of their latest cars. It's really good even at fast speeds.
bd1xm3wvzne31-jpg.590806
What the name of this option?
Is it available in US?
Which model have it?

From the License plate, did you took this picture in California?

I should rent a Silvercar and drive to Montana:

I previously drove an S4 with Virtual Cockpit to go to The Great Canyon and I was almost all the time at 100 mph and didn't feel it.

Last edited:
Audi is not Tesla. I would not expect the Audi's system performance to be any different now unless you're talking about a different model year vehicle.
Neither do I, but what those Youtube vids showed was considerably worse than what @Valore is indicating.

Here's a vid I remember:

Looking back at it, it looks a lot like my experiences with Ford's CoPilot360, including the no alert when missing lines. Which makes sense because none of the LiDARs see road markings.

Last edited:
It's not just me who noticed this. Tesla cars going slow on the Autobahn have become a running gag in Germany.

Tesla fahren und auf der Autobahn schleichen? - Model 3 - Allgemeine Themen • Tesla Model 3 - Elektroauto Forum

In the discussion it is explained quite well. The fact remains—slow-going Teslas are rare exceptions.

I had to do it once, when I drove in pouring rain for the first time and had underestimated the energy consumption. But that was also a rare exception, probably only one time, because now I know.

Two of the explanations are that you meet other cars mostly when they go much more slowly, so you only see these rare exceptions. And occasionally a Tesla drives slowly not to conserve energy, but just to relax, to be prepared for the next exit, or to wait for a convenient, autopilot-sized gap in the chain of overtaking cars.

It might sound so obvious, but it seems nobody really is paying attention enough that if you are driving fast, you won't see much other fast drivers because they might have entered the highway before or after you, and since you were driving the same speed you'd never meet them.

You'd only meet slower drivers and faster drivers.

So you'd only see slower or faster driving Tesla's. You'd never see Tesla's who are driving your speed.

Reactions: daktari
Probably the last month of Tesla being the best selling EV in Europe.
ID3 seems to be dominating sales in September.
We have to wait for sales data, except in Norway with their real time stats:
Not difficult to imagine, the Model 3 is a sedan while the ID.3 or even the Polestar 2 are both hatchback.

In Europe, for at least the past forty years, the top selling cars have always been compact hatchback.

The Model Y could fill the gap, but mostly against larger cars like the E-Tron.

The Model 3 presentation and reservation started in 2016, and already the lack of hatchback was a real drawback.

I understand that for the USDM, the Model Y or the Cybertruck seem a logical design continuation.

But will we have now to wait until 2021 or 2022 for the announcement of a Tesla 2 or C fitting the European or Asian markets?

For a market strategy however, I understand that to sell a smaller car than a Model 3,
a car needs to have a lesser price point, like $25k instead of $35k.

And such target price could not be profitable unless cost reductions in assembly (using unibody casing)
and cost reductions in battery cells can be achieve, and also local assembly to avoid shipping and taxes.

For VW and other ICE makers, EV profitability is not a necessary criteria,
so they mostly decide a price that customers are ready to pay,
which is not the case for Tesla which needs to be profitable.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: vickh and E Dizzle
Lidar has since been deleted, they didn't actually need it for lane keep and ACC, IIRC (if you know better, please let me know).

I prefer their lane keep because AP keeping to the exact middle of the lane is off putting for rural 2 lane highways that I travel on. Opposing traffic tends to keep to the sides.