Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is FSD going up $1000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can anyone confirm that it did actually increase as of November 1? I can no longer see that price & option my account because I bit the bullet and made the purchase on the 30th.
It was a pretty steep price tag at $6,000 but it is a really good feature set. I don't think I would want to pay $7,000 or $8,000 for it though.

Can anyone confirm that it did actually increase as of November 1? I can no longer see that price & option my account because I bit the bullet and made the purchase on the 30th.
It was a pretty steep price tag at $6,000 but it is a really good feature set. I don't think I would want to pay $7,000 or $8,000 for it though.

I can still add FSD for $6,000 on my 10/15 ordered, but yet to deliver, Model 3.

They're adding features constantly, and they can :)
Elon believes that true FSD is worth a lot more than is currently being charged. This is a step toward equalization.
V10 added a lot of features that make it worth mode than previous versions.

Which features exactly?! The changelog says something about smart summon and nothing else?
Not even NoA has improved much.
And you had the basic summon which was practical and the smart summon is just "meh" for youtubers to test and not available outside of the US. This is barely worth 1000$ more the 2 times you are going to use it and fail (by the time the car comes you will walk, drive it out and get out)

The reason is simple - cause they can and people hyped it enough. If they see it will affect purchases, they will drop it again, but I doubt it. People belive anything Musk tells them and he is good at hyping and marketing, so why not grab extra 1000$...

You shouldn't expect robot taxis for at least 3-5 years and by that time most model 3 owners would've sold their vehicles or their leases ended.

Which features exactly?! The changelog says something about smart summon and nothing else?
Not even NoA has improved much.
And you had the basic summon which was practical and the smart summon is just "meh" for youtubers to test and not available outside of the US. This is barely worth 1000$ more the 2 times you are going to use it and fail (by the time the car comes you will walk, drive it out and get out)

The reason is simple - cause they can and people hyped it enough. If they see it will affect purchases, they will drop it again, but I doubt it. People belive anything Musk tells them and he is good at hyping and marketing, so why not grab extra 1000$...

You shouldn't expect robot taxis for at least 3-5 years and by that time most model 3 owners would've sold their vehicles or their leases ended.

Blah, Blah, complain and say that FSD is not going to come and don't buy it. Hey, and electric cars are never going to go mainstream either.

Many Tesla owners are believers and don't mind supporting technology that isn't here. If that's not you, then just ignore it.