Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Summoning feature disabled in Canadian Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If it's any consolation we aren't getting it in Australia "yet", although we are getting Spotify (ducks for cover from objects thrown by US members).

We had a similar delay with the release of autopilot due to "regulatory approvals".

Fingers crossed it comes good for both countries and others on the waiting list.

If it's any consolation we aren't getting it in Australia "yet", although we are getting Spotify (ducks for cover from objects thrown by US members).

We had a similar delay with the release of autopilot due to "regulatory approvals".

Fingers crossed it comes good for both countries and others on the waiting list.
Auto home link has more practical use for me. Summoning for now is just a cool factor, considering that you have to align it first. Let the early adopters (i.e. beta testers) test it out for us and we might consider approving it, according to the Canadian government.

Auto home link has more practical use for me. Summoning for now is just a cool factor, considering that you have to align it first. Let the early adopters (i.e. beta testers) test it out for us and we might consider approving it, according to the Canadian government.

You're missing the point... the "cool" factor is one of the major reasons that we tech nerds buy this car! :) Take that away and there will be a lot of disillusioned techies out there.

You're missing the point... the "cool" factor is one of the major reasons that we tech nerds buy this car! :) Take that away and there will be a lot of disillusioned techies out there.
Count me as a disillusioned person since the summoning requires driver to first align the car. Until Tesla can summon it to a 90 deg turn driveway into garage, no practical use for me. This should be doable for Tesla, because S can already do stall parking which requires a 90 deg turn (front-in or back-in). Maybe this is what Tesla is perfecting for Canadians (the tougher crowd from Great White North!).

I think it's more the US market is the only one to get summoning so far. I'm pretty sure all EU territories don't get that feature with the 7.1 update.

I believe you are correct. Canada, even though we are very close neighbors , the Summon feature and Spotify was no included in the release 7.1. this is with great disappointment. this is really cool feature that we were promised for a long time. TESLA is very slow at delivering their so called features that customers paid for. One perspective, lets say i was leasing my car and took delivery of the car last year in January 2015. This means that I have paid for options that weren't enable for over a year and that aren't really fully enabled. I don't have that problem, i purchased my car. The only thing I want done ASAP is Ludicrous.

One perspective, lets say i was leasing my car and took delivery of the car last year in January 2015. This means that I have paid for options that weren't enable for over a year and that aren't really fully enabled. I don't have that problem, i purchased my car. The only thing I want done ASAP is Ludicrous.
Why would owners be less entitled to the features they paid for than leasees?

I expect this is just a phased rollout of Summon.
Tesla getting some market feedback before wider release.

Also USA have bigger garages than everyone else, so if it works on these then they might risk letting the UK have it although our garages are mostly smaller than our cars here.

And for anyone in the US who is gloating - damn Spotify is good :tongue:

I expect this is just a phased rollout of Summon.
Tesla getting some market feedback before wider release.

Also USA have bigger garages than everyone else, so if it works on these then they might risk letting the UK have it although our garages are mostly smaller than our cars here.

And for anyone in the US who is gloating - damn Spotify is good :tongue:

Not gloating. Happy to play beta tester for our friends across the pond.

Received 7.1 last night. My Canadian P85D is in Vegas and I still received CDN version of 7.1. Was hoping it might be location specific, not delivery spec. Anyhow, new AutoPark works very well. I found that if you drive by the spot and stop where you start to normally back up, the P shows up and it makes parks perfectly between the other cars. Hope CDN summon comes soon!

Why would owners be less entitled to the features they paid for than leasees?
I think his point was that if you have a 3-year lease of a vehicle you pay "full price" for the 3 years but don't get "full promised options" for the entire term. Not much different really - just the potential lack of features divided by the potential ownership period assuming an owner will have their car longer.

I'm leasing and I don't really care although I would like the updates - I still consider myself more than fortunate to drive such an amazing car on a daily basis.