Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Tesla failing to deliver referral awards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I send an email to the referral program. They responded in an hour with:

"Thank you contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program.

This the current information that we have received about the order of shipping. You will receive tracking information in your loot box once it has shipped.

Signature Black Wall Connectors have begun shipping to those who originally qualified in Sept 2017 and will continue to ship throughout the remainder of the year. "

• Helpful
Reactions: David99
I send an email to the referral program. They responded in an hour with:

"Thank you contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program.

This the current information that we have received about the order of shipping. You will receive tracking information in your loot box once it has shipped.

Signature Black Wall Connectors have begun shipping to those who originally qualified in Sept 2017 and will continue to ship throughout the remainder of the year. "

Seems to contradict swgdan's post about receiving his wall connector from a March '18 referral.

How much does a wall charger cost? Doesn't a wall charger come with the MX when you order?

The Wall connector is $500 alone. It doesn't come with any Tesla. You get the mobile connector with the car. The Wall connector is what you have to buy separate and it's actually a good idea to do because it's built a little beefier and should last longer. OTOH I have been using my mobile connector for all those years and it's doing fine.

• Informative
Reactions: bayx
The Wall connector is $500 alone. It doesn't come with any Tesla. You get the mobile connector with the car. The Wall connector is what you have to buy separate and it's actually a good idea to do because it's built a little beefier and should last longer. OTOH I have been using my mobile connector for all those years and it's doing fine.

If it were just me I would put a Nema 14-50 outlet on the wall and use the mobile connector. Especially since we leased the car assuming we might get a Porsche, Volvo, etc in 3 years. But my wife thinks the mobile connector looks ugly, so right now I am painfully charging with 120V/15A (1 KW/hr) waiting for the cool looking HPWC I may never use again 2.5 years after installing it.

If it were just me I would put a Nema 14-50 outlet on the wall and use the mobile connector. Especially since we leased the car assuming we might get a Porsche, Volvo, etc in 3 years. But my wife thinks the mobile connector looks ugly, so right now I am painfully charging with 120V/15A (1 KW/hr) waiting for the cool looking HPWC I may never use again 2.5 years after installing it.
You might be happier with the mobile charger in the car. I've gone on a few trips and forgotten mine at home, denying myself the ability to charge on a 14-50.

If things hold up the way they are now, you might be able to sell the HPWC on eBay for close to what you paid for it.