Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Tesla failing to deliver referral awards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might be happier with the mobile charger in the car. I've gone on a few trips and forgotten mine at home, denying myself the ability to charge on a 14-50.

If things hold up the way they are now, you might be able to sell the HPWC on eBay for close to what you paid for it.

I usually take the mobile charger with me on trips. But, luckily Superchargers have been plentiful where I have gone.

The Signature HPWC will cost $0, except for the install costs.

Cool. I assume this is closely tied to the interstates then?

Not really... but close enough to the SC network to not worry about needing the UMC. In a pinch, I can still use L2 and Chademo charging locations, although I haven't needed to. The UMC on the road is only really useful for places that have 14-50, 14-30, 10-30, 6-50 or 110v plugs available like RV campgrounds or a private home. If I actually need to charge at 110v, I'll go find a L2 charger somewhere instead.

The only time I actually needed the UMC on a previous road trip was to charge at my brother's house in Florida, and I plugged into his dryer outlet... but only because it was convenient, not because I had do.

Not really... but close enough to the SC network to not worry about needing the UMC. In a pinch, I can still use L2 and Chademo charging locations, although I haven't needed to. The UMC on the road is only really useful for places that have 14-50, 14-30, 10-30, 6-50 or 110v plugs available like RV campgrounds or a private home. If I actually need to charge at 110v, I'll go find a L2 charger somewhere instead.

The only time I actually needed the UMC on a previous road trip was to charge at my brother's house in Florida, and I plugged into his dryer outlet... but only because it was convenient, not because I had do.

OK. So you are taking the J-1772 adapter. Got it.

But do you also have one of those Chademo adapters. Those things are huge!

OK. So you are taking the J-1772 adapter. Got it.

But do you also have one of ths Chademo adapters. Those things are huge!

There's no reason to ever take it out of the car. It's not part of the UMC.

But again, I haven't needed it yet.

I probably would have used it in Sandusky, OH next week, but there's a brand new SC there now.

I do have a Chademo adapter... and I've used it exactly ONCE in Hickory, NC two years ago (where I was last week)... but there's a new SC there too!

There's no reason to ever take it out of the car. It's not part of the UMC.

But again, I haven't needed it yet.

I probably would have used it in Sandusky, OH next week, but there's a brand new SC there now.

I do have a Chademo adapter... and I've used it exactly ONCE in Hickory, NC two years ago (where I was last week)... but there's a new SC there too!

Got it. I think of the UMC and the j-1772 together because they live in in the same bag in the Frunk.

And nice to see the build out is coming along. I hope they build more SCs here in Northern CA. SCs in this area are always busy. Several, including the one near me, have valets to manage the demand. Hopefully my Signature HPWC will show up one day and I won't need to use the local SC any more. Charging at 120V is a drag.

I never received my referral award from referrals from March 16, 2017 - June 15, 2017.
I'm assuming I will never receive it.

What award are you looking to receive? What does the "loot box" say in your Tesla app?

You should have received an email survey asking for details of your awards for all delivered orders (you do have delivered referral orders?).

You can always try to email your details to [email protected] and see if they can straighten it out for you.

We picked up our new X 100D in June, using a self referral - and our limited edition HPWC arrived yesterday - about 2 months later.

We've already used to the $500 referral credit by using it to purchase our maintenance plan.

While Tesla could have provided more information about the program and status, after 2 months, we've been able to get everything we expected from the rewards program.

Reactions: Missile Toad
What award are you looking to receive? What does the "loot box" say in your Tesla app?

You should have received an email survey asking for details of your awards for all delivered orders (you do have delivered referral orders?).

You can always try to email your details to [email protected] and see if they can straighten it out for you.

Just a followup on this:
I emailed Tesla and... they DELIVERED!
(Was supposed to get this in 2017!... they confirmed I never received it)
2F278C3C-958A-421F-8DC2-F5AA70D5F119.jpeg

We actually just got a carry-on and a jacket this week. We've received all physical prizes so far except for one last carry-on bag. We're still waiting to hear about the gigafactory tour and solar roof tokens.
We got the HPWC, a lot still missing but I doubt it’ll be a priority for Tesla now. Maybe it’ll be different once Q3 is over. They’ll have one week of breathing room to figure other things out. If you need more than one solar token, I might be able to send you ours when it comes out also.