Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is Tesla's online store such garbage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings,

New Tesla owner here! Loving my Model Y! Was a rather arduous process; getting rather nonsensical delivery estimates on my account page, shifting dates, etc. But now I am a happy owner. However... all of those earlier frustrations with the car buying process did not lead me to ever make an account or post here. Somewhat ironically, what HAS led me to post here is the absolute joke that their online shop is.

I placed an order earlier this week (Monday) on the official Tesla online storefront for a Gen NEMA 6-50 adapter. When I placed my order, there was no indication that this part is not available, or back ordered, or that the shipping process would be delayed in any way. Here we are several days later, and the item has still not even shipped, and on the order page there is no indication of when it will (if ever) ship. I have no idea how something so simple as at least estimating shipping date/shipping time is impossible for Tesla. It's an absolute joke. In this same time period since I placed my Tesla store order I have ordered several items from Amazon (such as a 6-50 extension) cord, they have shipped, and I have received them. I realize that Tesla is not Amazon but this level of incompetence is unacceptable. I have dealt with mom and pop shops with online stores that look like they were designed in GeoCities in 2005 that had better shipping processes in place.

I don't know what the point of this post is other than to vent, and to let others who are going or have gone though this before know that they are not alone. In the meantime I am stuck with standard wall plug charging and charging at a Supercharger. Yeah, First World problems. But then again, I thought I was dealing with a First World company, and not incompetent buffoons.
I am a new customer too. Recently placed an order for a wall charger. It was out of stock a few days ago; however, I used the notify me when back in stock. That worked as expected and was able to place the order online. Didn't have any issues, got a receipt, etc.. I don't see any tracking information as of yet, so I am assuming the item hasn't shipped yet. My guess is I will get some email once it does.

Seems like a lot of popular items are out of stock. Looking to buy a tire inflator and the winter tire package. I think the Model Y Performance tires won't do well in my area when it starts getting colder outside (I live in the Seattle area). I would be ideal if you could purchase all your stuff at time of configuration.

I am a new customer too. Recently placed an order for a wall charger. It was out of stock a few days ago; however, I used the notify me when back in stock. That worked as expected and was able to place the order online. Didn't have any issues, got a receipt, etc.. I don't see any tracking information as of yet, so I am assuming the item hasn't shipped yet. My guess is I will get some email once it does.

Seems like a lot of popular items are out of stock. Looking to buy a tire inflator and the winter tire package. I think the Model Y Performance tires won't do well in my area when it starts getting colder outside (I live in the Seattle area). I would be ideal if you could purchase all your stuff at time of configuration.
I bought my wall charger 6 weeks before my car was delivered

Reactions: Dennisis
I ordered a car on the web site and have been waiting and waiting and waiting... :mad:

When I ordered my charger, it shipped the next day and arrived a few days after that. I've waited longer than that for electricians to get back to me and it'll be a little over three weeks between booking the electrician and when his crew will be able to do my installation.