Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is the Model X Reservation Agreement from FLORIDA?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrTaras

R254->R725->S->X->M3->M3P-->R2020?
Dec 2, 2007
Woodland Hills, CA
Curious, since I've reserved from Tesla once or twice or thrice before :wink: , but do not remember ever having it be an agreement with Tesla FLORIDA.
What legal or economic reasons do you suppose for this?
https://www.teslamotors.com/own/basic
Model X Reservation Agreement
This Model X Reservation Agreement between the person or entity identified below as you and Tesla Motors, Inc. d/b/a Tesla Florida, a motor vehicle dealer located at 1949 Tigertail Boulevard, Dania Beach, Florida, U.S.A., 33004-3500 identified below as we or us, is for your reservation of a Model X vehicle with us. The fact you enter into this Agreement with us will not affect your delivery location.

I believe Florida is one of the few states without any of the "no factory owned stores" wording in the franchise protection laws. This means that TESLA Florida can sell cars. Until everyone else in the country wakes up and realizing that law is only meant to protect franchisees TESLA is better off working through states w/o those laws

My Model S MVPA signed this month is a "California Motor Vehicle Purchase Agreement" with their Palo Alto address listed.

- - - Updated - - -

But the Reservation agreement from Dec 2012 does say Florida!

Untitled.jpg