Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is there such a long wait right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

massonron192

Model 3 performance on order
Nov 5, 2019
Philadelphia
Hey everyone,

been following this thread/Tesla last 2 years and just recently ordered a performance 3 on Halloween. Live in Pennsylvania and was wondering why is there a 5-8 week wait time? I understand they were sending cars overseas earlier

Hey everyone,

been following this thread/Tesla last 2 years and just recently ordered a performance 3 on Halloween. Live in Pennsylvania and was wondering why is there a 5-8 week wait time? I understand they were sending cars overseas earlier
That’s just it. They’re producing for EU/APAC which means delays for North America. I ordered 10/14 and heard from my SA today it should be early December for my delivery.

That’s just it. They’re producing for EU/APAC which means delays for North America. I ordered 10/14 and heard from my SA today it should be early December for my delivery.

Where’s Roseville? Just curious. I’m a typical Bay Area person - doesn’t know much about the state he lives in!

Is Tesla still building for EU/APAC? I had a delivery manager tell me Early December a few weeks ago on my 10/11 order. That’s about the same time for both of us and the first two estimates from Tesla employees that actually matched!

Perhaps I should call or e-mail him next week.

Puppers, didn't realize you're in Roseville. I'm out there almost every other week for work. I practically live at that Townplace.

If I was in your shoes, I'd just grab the car from the factory. Maybe get a factory tour in.

Reactions: puppers
Where’s Roseville? Just curious. I’m a typical Bay Area person - doesn’t know much about the state he lives in!

Is Tesla still building for EU/APAC? I had a delivery manager tell me Early December a few weeks ago on my 10/11 order. That’s about the same time for both of us and the first two estimates from Tesla employees that actually matched!

Perhaps I should call or e-mail him next week.

Roseville is just a suburb of Sacramento. It's just about 15-20 minutes away. Roseville is famous for the Roseville Galleria or the Roseville Automall haha.

Puppers, didn't realize you're in Roseville. I'm out there almost every other week for work. I practically live at that Townplace.

If I was in your shoes, I'd just grab the car from the factory. Maybe get a factory tour in.

Oh no way! That's awesome, yeah I live and work in the area. When I get my P3D, let me know when you're in town and we can go charge and buzz around and stuff haha.

I would LOVE to grab the car from Fremont. It's weird, but when I took delivery of the MX, they wouldn't allow me to pick up at Fremont, it HAD to be delivered to either the Rocklin SC or my home. I'd much rather pick up in Fremont if there's a possibility of a factory tour!

Roseville is just a suburb of Sacramento. It's just about 15-20 minutes away. Roseville is famous for the Roseville Galleria or the Roseville Automall haha.

Oh no way! That's awesome, yeah I live and work in the area. When I get my P3D, let me know when you're in town and we can go charge and buzz around and stuff haha.

I would LOVE to grab the car from Fremont. It's weird, but when I took delivery of the MX, they wouldn't allow me to pick up at Fremont, it HAD to be delivered to either the Rocklin SC or my home. I'd much rather pick up in Fremont if there's a possibility of a factory tour!

The email address to schedule a factory tour is [email protected].

As an owner you can set up a tour regardless of where you pick up the car. I did one a few years ago and it was great! (Overdue to go back)

More info available in this thread if you're interested: How to arrange Fremont factory visit

Last edited:
Reactions: marnfl and puppers
Multiple factors, they sent around an estimated 7000 battery packs/ power trains to China for initial rollout, the Europe push to keep momentum, as USA market is steady they pushed things around. Some delivery are occurring earlier, per twitter posts, so it’s a waiting game. Patience will be rewarded, but unfortunately they have to keep investors happy pretty 4th qtr numbers, etc.., so lots of moving pieces, once the local China battery supply start to spool up and that should taper off some of the delays.

Tesla cannot possibly fulfill the World wide demand for their cars, from just the one assembly and one battery factory.

As China comes on line, and the European factory gets in the pipeline, things will get better.

Biggest issue with Tesla is that demand is growing faster than they can fulfill.

When they stop building customer cars, and only provide them for commercial use, it will be the end of an era.

Stock way up again today.

Think the reveal of the new Pickup Truck in a couple weeks is going to great another great wave of demand.

Noticed that recently more and more news articles about Tesla are positive, and fewer and fewer are negative.

Believe that the people trying to damage Tesla will multiple negative articles have begun to realize the folly of their efforts. World Wide Demand for Tesla is far greater than they can possibly fulfill. The negative planted articles will have almost no effect on the takeover of the gassers by the new wave of EVs.

Hopefully Tesla hauls ass with year end coming up and tax credits set to expire. I ordered a long range Model 3 on 11/1 with a 5-8 week estimated delivery time, so that's cutting it frighteningly close if it's closer to 8 weeks. I would have ordered sooner but conditions were not right for me until now. I put my order in quick (within a couple of hours of deciding it was time) when I realized the tax credit was at stake.

I live in the San Francisco Bay area and often drive by the Tesla factory in Fremont. I see truckloads of new Model 3's every time I drive by that area. Just yesterday (November 9, 2019), I spotted a truckload heading north on HWY 101 in Mountain View. As the picture shows, these are configured for non-USA market with the wider license plates and right hand steering wheels. I ordered here in Palo Alto, CA from the main showroom on Sept 19 and still no VIN.
Tesla M3 hwy 101 mtv view Nov 9_2019.jpg

I live in the San Francisco Bay area and often drive by the Tesla factory in Fremont. I see truckloads of new Model 3's every time I drive by that area. Just yesterday (November 9, 2019), I spotted a truckload heading north on HWY 101 in Mountain View. As the picture shows, these are configured for non-USA market with the wider license plates and right hand steering wheels. I ordered here in Palo Alto, CA from the main showroom on Sept 19 and still no VIN.View attachment 474945
Have you seen any trucks with us plates going out?