Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is triple click of FOB inconsistent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I turned off auto lock (nuisance when walking in/out of garage) and instead always use triple click to lock my X. But the triple click is inconsistent.

For example, this morning I triple clicked and the driver's door closed a few inches, then stopped.
I triple clicked again, and the door finished closing but the mirrors did not fold in.
Not being sure whether it was locked, I had to triple click a third time to get the mirrors to fold in.

This inconsistent triple click behavior seems to have been happening since it was new (not SW version dependent)?
Many times takes at least 2 cycles to get the mirrors to fold in, and this morning was 3 cycles.

I try to triple click 'not too fast'. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or the triple click is just plain flaky?
Is this just the way the FOBs work on an X?

Got to settings/vehicle, and make sure "CLOSE ALL WITH KEY FOB" is unselected. This is "triple click-close all" way to go.

However, when this slider is enabled, a single or triple click launches closing all, which is not a consistent behavior in my opinion, and you could clobber some guests depending on your speed and if fob is bumped in pocket.

old |v2019.12.1.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.15.11|AP2,MCU1,PUP|