Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is windshild wiper info the default so many times?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be clear is it really the wiper panel open on the lower left, or is it the default screen which doesn't show any cards, and has the windshield wiper button showing? This is different than the popup you get when you press the wiper button.

Personally I usually have the energy card open, but do have it sometimes reset to back to the center option of no cards showing when I start car.

it is the wiper panel, with the wiper button showing. Not sure why you are saying the default screen which doesn't show any cards and has the wiper button. The wiper button is on the middle card, the windshield wiper card. That is what is showing all too often.

It's kind of confusing as the default screen has a wiper button, as does the wiper card.

It seems like you're describing this screen shot as being what you're getting as the default -
vja9q1j5lni01.jpg

Although this is the default screen that I get -
1*-VF7f3aYdu2fsE6qvfsAyg.png

I assume you're getting the former screen, but want to be sure. BTW neither of these images are of my car, they're just images i found with google.

• Informative
Reactions: LakeWorthB
I get the second one. I only have 3 panels. Why do these photos have 4 panels? FSD maybe?
I think I may have found the issue. If I unhook my seat belt before putting it into Park, then the middle panel comes up with a big red seat belt warning for me. Also, when I have passengers, they always seem to unclip before I put into park. In these cases, it looks like it goes to the center panel with seat belt warnings. I may have solved the issue.

• Informative
Reactions: LakeWorthB