Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is YT deleting Rich Rebuilds videos lately?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was considering and looking forward to line up for a Tesla. Saw this. Changed my mind and showed this and the range of unfiltered satire <-> reality check in RR's YT videos to some family and a few friends and colleagues also motivated to get a Tesla. All but one of them agreed it makes Tesla just another corporate machine, nothing special. Esp. considering what you find out is not just rumor thanks to those same videos, e.g. the super ghetto management you may or may not (roll that russian roulette) get if "something" goes wrong in your purchase/aftersales experience.

And to be fair, I was sold on the Cybertruck because it's snowy where I live and Elon's 95% genius / 5% idiocy meant I was almost never going to be in their target demography (I ride bikes, everything with 4 wheels is a prison to me). Not interested anymore. I'll keep buying gas engine winter beaters and buy some other EV brand at some point.

They did this to RR. So they'll DEFINITELY do something just as shady to someone else who has none/nowhere near as much of the public exposure.

WTF is going on? How could a brilliant company led by brilliant people do something so petty and so stupid? I'm talking about the whole treatment of Rich Rebuilds, not the Youtube deletions specifically, that I guess could be triggered by a small team of fanboy imbeciles - or crafty short sellers.

The whole story has knocked a lot of points off my opinion of Tesla.

Last edited:
WTF is going on? How could a brilliant company led by brilliant people do something so petty and so stupid? I'm talking about the whole treatment of Rich Rebuilds, not the Youtube deletions specifically, that I guess could be triggered by a small team of fanboy imbeciles - or crafty short sellers.

The whole story has knocked a lot of points off my opinion of Tesla.
Listen, based on my person experiences over recent years I have a low opinion of Tesla as well but I'm not going to draw the conclusion that these RR videos have been deleted because of anything Tesla did. That's a stretch. You can have a low enough opinion of them for the things that are directly within their control w/o having to reach to things like this.

I do not "have a low opinion of Tesla" at all. I'm a fan. This is why I'm bothered.

Three separate events. Tesla apparently turned off all his access to Supercharging. Tesla then clearly deleted his referrals, though he had promoted the brand, accrued some referrals from bona fide sales, and was hoping for the standard rewards. And finally some unknown band of monkeys kept flagging his Youtube posts, causing the automatic system to block them. The first two of these seem to be quite under Tesla's control.

Last edited:
Tesla deactivated his referral link because he was close to earning a Roadster. Spiteful Jerks.

gQF99kG.png

I do not "have a low opinion of Tesla" at all. I'm a fan. This is why I'm bothered.

Three separate events. Tesla apparently turned off all his access to Supercharging. Tesla then clearly deleted his referrals, though he had promoted the brand, accrued some referrals from bona fide sales, and was hoping for the standard rewards. And finally some unknown band of monkeys kept flagging his Youtube posts, causing the automatic system to block them. The first two of these seem to be quite under Tesla's control.
You don't read so good... do you?

I didn't say you had a low opinion of Tesla... I said I do. Because I do. Even though I have a low opinion of them as a company I can't let you get away with bagging on Tesla for Rich's YouTube videos being deleted because it's simply not true that Tesla had anything to do with it.

Again, Tesla didn't delete Rich's YouTube videos... YouTube did.

There's zero concrete evidence that Tesla had anything to do with Rich's videos being deleted... just a lot of conjecture and hearsay after taking some wild leaps of faith to connect dots that are seemingly not connected.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Did Rich Rebuilds hit THAT BIG a nerve?

Maybe the exclusivity of parts is like the biggest profit center
for all of Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Co et al. Maintenance-free EV
car $38k? not bad, no trouble at all, but then, $150 for every nut
and bolt that ejects monthly, with the precision of a SpaceX
booster. Bumper fell off? Act o' God, replacement price, 1/2 a
Model 3? Tree got your glass roof? What's it cost?

They should get into the tire business too. In 2026 when the
warranties of the whole early bird pack expires, it's gonna be
gold rush time at the Service Centers. What was that Rich guy
harping on about? I'm happy my 2018 M3 seems very well built.

In accordance with IFR 7852-4a it is hereby disclosed that the above is
an ironic statement, a "joke".

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC