TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Why isn't tesla honest about its inventory

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by keytalker, Oct 1, 2016.

1. keytalker

keytalker Member

Now Buy a new Tesla today | Tesla shows no inventory for X or S.

But you try to customize a car, the new inventory pane on the right hand side will show some inventory car with certain similarity to what you're looking for. I know the showroom even has more access to demo cars, etc. I guess they may play some trick to make me more motivated to go customization, but who knows.

2. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Odd, I just clicked on your link and it's showing me 30 Model Xs, and 8 Model Ss. I haven't tried the customization option.

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I don't see any inventory either, maybe it is by location?

4. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

That link shows 6 X's and 1 S for me. Same general location as OP.

5. awillys

awillys Member

shows no inventory for me for both the S and the X. which is very likely since I am in London (UK).
    Looks like it is indeed location based.

6. vigge50

vigge50 Member

If I click on the link I am directed to the Swedish site with some Model S but if I change to USA I can see 30 Model X and 8 Model S. Check so you really have the USA site.

7. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

I think work is being done to prepare for better inventory searching. They've had various changes to inventory presentation the last month or so. Inventory volume is considered a moderate company trade secret so it's not like they list thousands of inventory in one big web site. Inventory does include whether or not the loaners/ demos/ etc. cars are for sale or not at the time.