Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why it may be better to be a TSLA investor than a Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This gentleman's experience is exactly what gives me strong pause.
Robin
There will always be happy and unhappy customers.

As a buyer of 8 Tesla cars so far and many referrals, I can attest to the fact that

- most cars were perfect or almost perfect as they were delivered

- issues on the others were promptly resolved

Happy customers is what keeps the company going.

If that was not the case I would not want to be a TSLA investor, either. The customer experience makes me feel good about my TSLA investments.

• Informative
Reactions: N5329K and Mich
Tesla critics are very loud but a tiny minority. Bloomberg’s Model 3 survey data reported last November backs this up:
  • 99% of Model 3 owners would recommend the Model 3 to friends and family,
  • 98% would buy again and
  • 77.4% said the Model 3 was more reliable than their previous cars and another 20.1% were neutral on the question. Only 2.5% said the Model 3 was not more reliable than their previous cars. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?
EJMQaSzWwAEaiKK

Last edited:
Agree with all the above comments and can’t argue with the data (though I can see some holes). Every car manufacturer puts out products with flaws that someone gets to discover. It’s what the manufacturer does about those problems that the buyer remembers. In this case, the flaws in this guy’s M3 were not niggling OCD flaws (I can’t imagine taking a micrometer to a car to measure panel gaps) , but were ones the owner could...and should...reasonably expect the manufacturer to address, and make good.
And it is quite clear that in the case of this return Tesla customer, that did not happen.
I stopped buying MBZ’s because the ownership experience was ruined by the dealer/maintenance experience.