Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why Legacy X (and S) wired/wireless phone dock not offered in USA? where to get it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brainhouston

Sep 10, 2021
wa
They're show up in other countries...
My main issue is i have Android n need usb-C but car has iphone plug...
Anyone got the spare USB-C cable ??

UK
1664475072964.png

Australia
1664475156458.png

Hmm... i didn't look closely but it looked like it was customized cable, i'll ck again...
don't like the cheap tray alternatives...
my goal is to find wireless oem dock but i've only seen one sold on here n it was gone quick lol

I guessed about the cable being a plain one because the stock cable that powers the stock wireless (flip-up) charger is. Those wireless chargers seemed to appear in 2020, my nephew’s 12/19 build has wired, my 12/20 build has wireless. The wireless charger was in the shop.tesla store in early 2021, looks like it’s sold out/discontinued.

• Informative
Reactions: brainhouston
I orirginall put a USB-C to USB-C cable in mine and used the 12v port for faster charging (changed to aftermarket wireless since). I determined this was possible after finding a thread somewhere that linked to a cable that worked in place of the official one. It comes down to the size of the cover over the connector 's wiring.

Reactions: brainhouston