TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Why no 20" Cyclone wheels?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by passion4audio, Dec 13, 2013.

1. passion4audio

passion4audio member

With the expense of replacing 21" tires, and the 19" wheels looking (to me) a little too small - the 20" seems to be the "sweet spot".

I was wondering if there would be enough interest in a 20" cyclone wheel to make it worth it for Tesla to offer it.

Rial makes a similar looking wheel, but I don't believe it's available in 20" either.

2. SwedishAdvocate

SwedishAdvocate Active Member

3. trils0n

trils0n 2013 P85

I really like Tesla's turbine design. The blades have a lot of sculpture (not sure that is the right word to describe, maybe depth?) to them. The Rials and the Saab above, have blades that are too flat for my taste. I think I'd get 20" Tesla cyclones (or even spaced like the 21s even better) as I agree the 19s look a bit too small and the 21s are expensive.

4. passion4audio

passion4audio member

TrilsOn, you nailed what I was thinking! Both the Rials and the Saab wheels above seem too flat compared to the Tesla cyclones. Come on, Tesla… bring on the 20" cyclones!

5. lloyds

lloyds Member

Probably because the visual difference and contrast between the 20" and 21" is not enough.