Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no chargers in San antonio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, there are several ChargePoint and Tesla destination chargers in SA. The City of SA Houston Street parking garage has two free ChargePoint chargers on the 9th floor and roof. The garage costs $10 per day but is much cheaper than the hotel parking in the surrounding area. I stayed at the Home2 across the street and charged my car a couple times for 2-3 hours at a pop over three days. My backup plan was to valet park at the St Anthony’s, which has free Tesla destination chargers if you valet there. It costs $17, but is way cheaper than a tank of gas.

Check out the PlugShare app for more options. It looks like several City of SA garages have free charging.

• Love
Reactions: Rocky_H
Title: Why no chargers in San Antonio? And only one in austin
Oh for the love of... There ARE chargers in San Antonio--lots of them! @Texas Flood pointed out how there are many dozen charging locations throughout these cities.
Thank you. I knew about the SharePoint and destination chargers. Not about the garages though. I still wonder about the lack of tesla chargers in such large cities.
Oh, I see. You want Tesla to provide you charging. Why do people think it is Tesla's responsibility to fill all of their charging needs by building several local "filling stations" instead of using the public charging resources that are already there?

• Disagree
Reactions: jsmay311
Oh for the love of... There ARE chargers in San Antonio--lots of them! @Texas Flood pointed out how there are many dozen charging locations throughout these cities.

Oh, I see. You want Tesla to provide you charging. Why do people think it is Tesla's responsibility to fill all of their charging needs by building several local "filling stations" instead of using the public charging resources that are already there?
Dang rocky, a simple question. I am glad I didn't ask which way is north.

Dang rocky, a simple question. I am glad I didn't ask which way is north.
You can conveniently find North at the bottom of this map.:)
upload_2019-7-1_14-32-25.png

And only one in austin

Are you talking about Superchargers, or just normal Tesla chargers?

For normal charging locations, you can always check here:

PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

For the Tesla Supercharging and Tesla destination charging, check here:

Supercharger | Tesla

Yeah, San Antonio looks like it just has the one, which has not completed construction apparently!

Not sure what the criteria is for where they build SC locations!

Thank you. I knew about the SharePoint and destination chargers. Not about the garages though. I still wonder about the lack of tesla chargers in such large cities.

Who knows maybe it has something to do with your State. Not exactly like Texas has been welcoming to Tesla as it doesn't use gasoline or oil products. Quartz article: If Texas lawmakers get their way, Tesla won’t be able to fix its own cars Telsa generally leases space from property owners and enters into long agreements for their Supercharger sites. Maybe the anti-Tesla sentiment to provide such space and hook up to power utilities there extends to anyone willing to make Superchargers happen so been a tough going for Tesla to provide these for their owners.