Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no Holiday Update for pre 2021 Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
People seem to be super caught up on this “legacy” terminology and that’s fine I guess. My point is it doesn’t matter what you call it. There is a completely new S/X. It had been long rumored and was no big secret that it was coming. You bought an outgoing, end-of-life model at a substantial bargain compared to the new cars.

New hardware brings about support for new features. The old car can’t do everything the new one can. This is just the way of the world.
I’m not going to make this an endless conversation but tesla never discounts here and is more expensive. Paid 122.000 eur is about 140.000 usd. Had no choice had accident. Not really ready for a m3/y yet . Needed a car. Anyway intend to agree with what you write.

FSD is a completely different topic IMO, and yes, I think the way it has been marketed and sold over the last 5 years is essentially fraud. But it’s not really the same thing.
Good topic for another thread. What about existing Legacy FSD Beta testers? Looks like less than 10% (roughly) are still running pre Beta 10.8 software. Interesting to see what will happen to them. Seems like Tesla will have to continue development for the Legacy crowd that purchased FSD, its no small number.

I just got 2021.44.25.2 on my 2018 MS with MCU2 (upgrade) and AP HW3 / FSD

CC3CBB26-1D93-4A60-8E82-0F02B92537AA.jpeg