Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why No Location Aware Trunk Opening Height ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am sure it is technically possible even in current gen of Model X to have a Location aware Trunk Opening like falcon wing. I am surprised its not there. Unless i am overlooking a setting somewhere.

It be nice to have it if not already to be location aware so I can say set a opening height for inside garage to what ever height and if its somewhere else it can open to full extent.

Also at the same time it be nice if they can also infact improve falcon wing height a one step more to where car can know if its inside the garage or outside if outside then falcon wing should open all the way or automatic and if in garage to what ever height I am sure car can detect in so many ways if its actually inside the garage or not with all those ultra sonic sensors and cameras.

@127.0.0.0, this is how I did mine with my car in the garage:

- Opened the trunk and FWD with the buttons on the screen and let them open to whatever they opened
- Got out of the car and manually pushed the trunk lid and FWD all the way up (they need a little force to move)
- Got back in the car and pressed the Set to Fully Open at This Location button
- Done! Now they all open fully when the car is home in the garage

Jose

P.S. I love your screename!!! :) I used to have a t-shirt that said There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1 😁

Thank you everyone for the replies and help. So say If I want to open the trunk inside the grage without location aware or I should say set height for the trunk really, you guys are saying it should not hit the garage roof or door since it uses falcon wing height sensor to detect ?

Currently I have the height set for the Trunk and it open to that height only and that is not just in my home location now it is anywhere. Which is what I wish was location aware for the trunk.

So If I can take the location aware out from the trunk it should not hit the roof inside the garage regardless ?