Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no superchargers in Arkansas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious why there are no superchargers in Arkansas. Walmart headquarters is located in Bentonville and I know that many of the execs in that area drive Teslas. Interstates 49 and 40 are main corridors through the state as well. Was really kind of surprised that there is not a storefront down there as its a fairly wealthy population and there is tremendous growth in the area. If the Joplin supercharger does in fact happen that would be a key for interstate 49 travel. Independence, Mo, Joplin, Mo, Bentonville/Rogers, AR, Fort Smith, AR. Also most of I40 from West to East is covered but not Arkansas. Odd. Maybe the state is hostile to Tesla?

Yea, well route prioritization aside, why are there NO superchargers in Nebraska. None! I-80 is a major east-west corridor for crying out loud. You can not drive to Colorado from Chicago in a Tesla without going wayyyy south. Just that simple.

You can not drive to Colorado from Chicago in a Tesla without going wayyyy south.

Well, 'way' is up to interpretation. It's an extra 130-140 miles to go through St. Louis.

As noted already, it's all prioritization...and in context, the completed i70/i90 corridors can handle a lot of the east/west tesla traffic. In terms of holes, i10 is probably the biggest right now, and of course (I know most of you don't want to hear it) continuing to augment California.

In time, the interstate network will have full supercharger coverage.

Reactions: jvonbokel
I think you will see them very soon. The paths through Arkansas are getting SC all around the state. They are going to get connected. I wouldnt even be surprised it permits are already set. There has been like 6 SC's in the US over the last couple of weeks we didnt even know about go from nothing to construction or even open.

Minor, MO - Needed to get from St. Louis, Chicago to Arkansas. Went from finding permit to construction in 2 days and then opened today.
West Yellowstone - Wasnt found until complete
Pearl, MS - Wasnt found until complete.
Bend, OR wasnt found until under construction.
Egg Harbor, NJ wasnt found until under construction
Augusta, GA found permit and next day under construction

May be a couple of others.

There is a SC under construction in Sulphur Springs, Texas. Hopefully this is the first of many more SCs that will be in Texarkana, Hot Springs, and then Memphis, TN. My family is in Memphis and it would be nice to get a more direct route.

I just checked the I630/430 Shakleford Crossing Mall and there is some utility excavation underway behind the Cracker Barrel Restaurant but nothing that signifies that Tesla is involved. It would be a good central location that isn't much out of the way for the east to west traveler on I 40 equi-distant from Alma/Ft.Smith, Texarkana and Memphis (about 145 miles) there are several restaurants and shopping in the immediate area also about 10 hotels.