Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why not buy a Mustang Mach-E?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's like $0.31/kWh on Electrify America vs. $0.28/kWh on Superchargers. So maybe like $1.50-1.80 per charging session? Not that big a deal, tbh.

The advantage that Superchargers have right now is that on certain heavily trafficked routes, there are multiple options to stop and charge at a V2 or V3. That's not always the case for CCS which has single-charger "stations" of just 50kW as a backup way too often. That's changing though and it's foolish not to understand that the 125kW- 350kW CCS infrastructure is growing fast.

If you have any doubts on how quickly CCS is growing, just check out CCS on Plugshare for Michigan, New York, Oklahoma, and Colorado.

It's this explosive growth in charging infrastructure that makes a non-Tesla EV a realistic possibility.

Possible, but not probable nor practical at this time. Certainly not cost-effective.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Well, I'm sure if you pulled up in a Lamborghini, Ferrari or Civic Type R in the right crowd would elicit the same response as well so your sample size of one doesn't do it for me. Kids would also pick macaroni and cheese and Fortnite over a fine dinner and a show on Broadway so if you are taking your aspirational queues from kids then I don't know what to say.

So you don’t think kids are a reliable source of information on what up and coming trends are in our world? Now I’m the one that doesn’t know what to say! Kids are THE source for these things. But don’t take my word for it, take a moment and entertain yourself by watching this clip about kids and Tesla by Jim Cramer, famous stock market guru:
Jim Cramer: Young people have a better sense of the future

Now if we could just find out what kids think of the Mach-E :), maybe we would know whether to buy Ford stock!

I'm going to 'preview' a Mach-E on Saturday at a local Ford dealership. No test drives until the end of the year, but you can check it out and ask questions. I'll be sure to ask about charging plans, especially in light of the ID.4 deal. Will do a post with my impressions afterwards.
I got a FB ad about their preview tour. One can check at Mach-E Activation if/when it might be at a Ford dealer in your area. It's going to be at a dealer near home for me on Nov 2nd. From the dates, the definitely have multiple cars on tour around the country.

I looked into the Mach-E when I was researching my purchase. I sat in them at auto shows, but haven't had the chance to ride in one yet. The main reasons I crossed it off my list were 1) concerns about charging availability (which is less of a concern now) and 2) Price. The Mach-E is comparable to the MY LRAWD in MSRP but every dealer I spoke to wanted a minimum of $6,100 on top of MSRP just for the privilege of buying one. That really turned me off, so I went elsewhere (Tesla).

Reactions: DanDi58
Serious question, how much do you charged at a supercharger vs charging at home? I only been to a supercharger 3 times with my Model Y. The Ford compares against the model Y, so no free supercharging for us.
I do a lot of road trips to Kansas, Nebraska and Nevada and have Supercharged over 100 times on road trips. That's probably around 25000 miles. Probably 95% of the Supercharging was on road trips. Typically we charge from home with our solar and Powerwalls. We have friends who have Supercharged over 60000 miles as they have driven all over the country.